Options

Outlaw 2011

Comments

• Options

nice one cake for joining in on the relay... kinda wasn't satisfied with my run as well so hopefully for next year i'll get stronger on the bike to save my legs on the run.image

Cornish digger- i ridden the old imuk bike course couple times for training its around 15-30min slower compare to outlaw.

• Options

Cake, thanks for that.    I know it's alot further that I have swam but at the momentknowing the end of the pool is only 25mtrs away is a confidence thing.  I have swam 1k in the pool but I obviously have to turn round.

OPen water swimming at the moment seems daunting but as said, I have 12 months and Cornwall has a lot of sea around it, although no lakes nearby that ballow swimming( as far as I know).

Caravans, If you want caravans come to Cornwall in the Summer.

• Options
    Steve Ho wrote (see)

nice one cake for joining in on the relay... kinda wasn't satisfied with my run as well so hopefully for next year i'll get stronger on the bike to save my legs on the run.image

image I almost throught about doing this and IMR next year luckily I talked myself out of it.

Digger I bet if you ask around there will be OH people around Cornwall I'd ask them if you can play with them and no geting worried if they are better than you or we will nick of that nice beer that's down there. Confidence comes with training mate just don't panic!

• Options

cake - i thought you already signed up for IMR?

• Options
    image I am was thinking of doing this a few weeks earier as well just for sh*t's and giggles. A step to far even for someone as stupid as me. image
  • Options

I had a 5 week break b/w IMs this year and felt fine......image

I am not gonna do outlaw followed by IMR though  image   .... too close (even though Barley did IMDE then roth 2 weeks later this year).

However outlaw relay is the way to go..>!!!!  then IMR 3 weeks later

• Options
    i was kinda thinking either IMR or roth and do outlaw. but more i think about over seas event, the logistic of the whole thing will be an absolute nightmare and this really makes me worry...image
  • Options

Steve I'm sure you can get help on that. ever from club or pirate massive. image OC won't mind anouther one nearer the start of 2011 if you know any that are cheapish? Only one can think of is Roth but that's to expensive to get there.

• Options
    cake - i was thinking driving to roth... but in my tank it'll cost just as much as flying..lol
  • Options
    image How much would the petrol be on that split for two or three people? image
  • Options

just guessing it maybe around 1500-1600miles so it may cost 250-300 round trip in my fuel guzzerler.

• Options

image *Must not listen to voises in head*image

And if you did it would you be safe to drive back with your legs being knackered?

• Options

the cars is a automatic therefore it will be fine to drive for me drive back. after outlaw i driven back to work the next morning with no problems...

• Options
    image so thats £150 each for pretrol if you were mad enough to let other's in your tank and if someone else joined in would be £100 each? It is a very big car might even fit 4 with bikes and kit. Just thinking aloud. imageimage
  • Options
    maybe just 3 bike and 3 ppl..
  • Options
    image So then thats a thought to think on for a few months till entries are open assuming you would be happy to drive all that way. I can't drive.
  • Options
    just wondering which race are we driving to???
  • Options
    Oh findle through you ment Roth. image But both are cheaper by car share and lower for the carbon count than a nasty plane. Would you really what to try and do IMR after outlaw a few weeks before? Or would that be anouther relay?
  • Options

i do fancy roth, but majority of you guys are doing IMR. so its big decision time...

hmm guess i should be fine doing it after outlaw. consider roth is 2 week before outlaw, so either way i will be screwed...lol

• Options

roth is sold out..??

I would do IMR over the outlaw, (cost and anual leave allowing)  The 3 days before witht he pirate crew, the event itself with 40+ pirates and support, and the after event partty are what make it really great.

outlaw has limited pre / post stuff going on as its just a day trip...

If you can do both then go for it......    I want to go well at IMR hence just a relay at outlaw....

• Options

i'm all about taking part, too slow to break any records. so i'll sign up to both IMR and outlaw.

cake are you still up for driving to germany?

• Options
    Well up for it, would be road trip with mates and I can't stand plains after a special ops mission I was on years ago when wrong and I was thrown out of the door while the helicopter had to take evasive action to avoid missile’s. I’ve had problems with doors and flying things ever since, even get nervous when someone drives a car badly. I aren’t getting on no plane sucker! This does cause me some problems through as was thinking about doing two IM in 2011 and through no-one would want to do Outlaw and then IMR. Mmmm er need to lay down and think about this.
  • Options
    we drove to Roth this year in our minibago - Regensburg is about a 100miles further on. with cruise control set at 70mph for the motorways it took us 12 hrs from Calais but that included 2 stops AND being stuck for 3 hrs on the autobahn after a crash closed it - we averaged around 36mpg in the bago. didn't record the total mileage though.

• Options

i'm lucky to average 28mpg in my petrol 4x4....

cake -  promise to drive safely just for you......image

• Options
    You would anyway you’re a very sensible chap. You might enjoy autobahns through. I can get away with posting this because he won’t look on there but a very good mate drive up to Scotland with me early on this year and actually did scare me. Was doing 100 mph on the M6 with one hand holding there water bottle and the other texting. I was bricking it, shouting in my own head for god sack slow down or put one hand on the wheel. image I’m just wondering how many people haven’t seen the A-team ever, didn’t get the joke and are now wondering if I’m some sort of nutter. image
  • Options
  • Options

Dude you've met me and know I am. image

Are you coming to play next year? image

• Options

OH says he is entering the Outlaw next year, now do I voluteer for for the run leg of a team or do I volunteer for transition area again.....ummm thats a hard choice...HELP!image

p.s I'm a carp 4hr 10 marathon runner

• Options

Okay, after a year off tri's and a DNF that is begging me to try an IM again, I'm going to go with Outlaw

Individual Entrants

Colourin
    Mrs SA
    Steve ho
    madlot
    ITB
    Viking
    Joolze15
    Tri Hamster
    Pain is Temporary (& my OH)
    Rosey
    Alan W

Relay Teams

Team One
    Swim - Mellifera
    Bike - Mellifera
    Run - AJH

Team Two
    Swim - ShuffleB
    Bike - Little Sister
    Run - Cake if thats coolimage

Team Three
    Swim - Aitch
    BIke - OC
    Run - Debbo

Feed station/volunteer/supporter

Barley
    Ditchy (unless I go mental and decide to do it)
    FB
    Min
    Petal
    Purple
    Ridgebackmax
    Saffy sweety pea, Russ and Heather
    Suffork Punch
    Tired Legs (or might be able to do the swim)
    Fraggle
    SA & Jordy (Or maybe able to do the run or bike for one of the relay teams)