Options

Walsh Spirit Lites

Am about to splash out and buy some Walsh Spirit Lites for winter off road training and a couple of trail/muddy races. Thought I'd check in here first in case anybody's had a bad experience with them.
Anyone got a pair? Any good? Will they be tough enough for multi-terrain stuff like Hell Runner?

Comments

• Options
    Ah, what the heck, I'll buy them anyway!
  • Options
    let me know how you get on with them - they look promising.
  • Options
    Will do. Watch this space.
  • Options
    These are brilliant shoes. I absolutely love them. Ran the Hellrunner in them and have gone on quite a few long muddy, snowy and trail training runs and the grip has been amazing. At first I found them unusual on roads and pavement but used to that. Now I prefer them to my regular road shoes.
    There is a downside though. When they get very wet they stay very wet. There's quite a lot of foamy padding around the heel and it doesn't dry out at all - which is also a pain when cleaning. I'd also say they're not really rugged enough for really tough terrain. But I doubt many off roaders are this light. Never once though have I felt like I was losing grip.
    Overall I'm really impressed. They're not flashy but I like that. Having branched from fell shoes to trail shoes Walsh should really have a crack at road shoes, I'd buy them.