Options

Great East Run

Hi All

I've been looking at the threads and forums for the last few weeks, and finally taken the plunge!

After 6 weeks off from running I've decided to start training properly again. I train better with a target so have decided to run the four compass points from Sept 2003 (my first veteran year). I know of the GNR and GSR, there is a Great West Run in Exeter, does anyone know of a Great East Run?

If there isn't a GER what would be a good 10m - HM in Norfolk, Cambridge etc.

Niggle

Comments

• Options
    The AMP/Advance Performance half marathon was run in March this year. They are trying to have this made into a Great East Run. Whether or not it will exist next March, i don't know.
    The Fenland Half Marathon is usually mid March and is quite good. Based at West Walton - out on the Fens. I stopped doing this one after they started giving two prizes to one person.
    Early April is the Sandy 10 - a good undulating 10 miler. Usually decent weather.
  • Options
    Thanks I had a look at the Peterborough/AMP HM and it seems ideal. I hope they run it in 2003/2004!

I've decided to really push the boat out and try for PB's as well :-0
  • Options
    Thanks I had a look at the Peterborough/AMP HM and it seems ideal. I hope they run it in 2003/2004!

I've decided to really push the boat out and try for PB's as well :-0
  • Options
    good luck for a PB. i've forgoten how to get one. any tips?
  • Options
    TractorTractor ✭✭✭
    I don't know how official it is, but the St. Peter's Brewery Great East Run 20k/10k takes place next February in Bungay, Suffolk.

I suppose until someone officially adopts the name, anyone can hold a "Great East Run"?!

Cheers, Tractor.