Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options
    Still fancy the Outlaw for the full distance in 2012 and its in Nottingham, which is central for everyone....£250 for team which is cheaper than IM branded events and plenty of time to train for it.image
  • Options

Aww, ST you are wonderful! You're right that does sound like good fun image. Okay, I'm in. Gives me plenty of time to find a wetsuit too.

I think this is the event organisors who did my tri at Lake Dorney. They were very professional. The open water swim was easy and fun so no one need fret about it. And you'll get some quick times on the bike and run. Ooohhh, I can feel a challenge coming on! image School gym type showers afterwards.

Keep bugging us about it ST until we have enough people signed up.

• Options
    Razor you can bring your parrot if you want image have a good race tomorrow mate image

If we were to do IM next season then defo for the outlaw cheapest central and supposed to be a well organised slick event.

Right guys we need to put names down for the Tri Challange Team Event.

Who's Interested?

Chilli
    Silver Trucker
  • Options

Yep........all being well 'Im in..image

Chilli

ST

Razor

Des

anyone else?

Shower and bed for me , got an early start, (5am then got to pick Des up)image

Night, night.

• Options

ST's mad-arse Sprint-relay-thingamajig @ Dorney.

Chilli
    ST
    Razor
    Des
    Cat5 (not far from Dorney). Mrs Cat5 also up for it (this may change after next weekend!).

• Options
    Thanks for nominating me (whoever it was, sorry can't remember!!)  I would have said yes but am in Barcelona that weekend!
    Next time, I'd love to.  Good luck to you all anyway!  image
  • Options

Hi all - thanks for the good wishes - I have just about re-attached my undercarriage now thanks to an industrial quantity of canesten!

Would you believe that the pharmacist I went to see, somewhat embarassedly (typical bloke) was a keen cyclist and our conversation turned into a "been there, seen it, done it" one! His eyed almost watered when I described my symptoms which were.............. no don't worry i'll save you the gory details!image Put it this way I was walking like i'd lost my horse - all from unattended chafing from a soaking 2 hrs on the bike. Note to self - take better notice of one's inside leg!!image My wheezy chest and man flu also haven't helped.

Really cross about not being able to compete today, but great to see so many people giving it 100% in awful weather. Got my 7 layers on and marshalled.

Maximum respect to all competitors today at St Annes - I believe at the south bike turnround point a few people were blown off by the wind! Shocking weather. The rain and sandblasting finished it off to a tee.

Happy recovering, St Anners!image

• Options

Ah I would do but I am doing Berlin Marathon that weekend!

I have just spent the day cheering on and marshalling for the triathletes in Llanberis doing the first ever Snowdonia Slateman triathlon. Google it and you will see it isn't for the faint hearted- any takers for next year???

I completed the 30 miles up horsehoe pass yesterday! I was so chuffed with myself! And then even managed a swim.

Have been at the race all day today and then cleaned and cooked- domestic goddess is my other job! image

I would be up for another race though most definately! But sorry I can't make 24th September image

• Options
    Kerry no worries good luck with Marathon, I did look at the slateman image I think I even mentioned it on here early on in the thread. It looked crazy lol
  • Options

So we have enough for two teams already! image

Gav - sounds like anyone who did that tri certainly earned their medal.

Kerry - what a beauitful place to ride. That's where my hubby and I went for our anniversary last month. Berlin marathon! We'll be cheering you on from Lake Dorney.

• Options

Hi Gang......

ST........just realised that relay event is the day before Fleetwood Tri, so you will have to rule Des and me out.....gutted sounds like a great event image

St Annes  Sprint..........Will post race report tomorrow when I have finally got the rest of the sand out of my ears and teeth.image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

ST - Dorney 24 sept sounds OK for me, if there is a space on a team. Vague thinking of Outlaw next year, didnot know they did a relay, which sounds do-able.

Did a 21 mile bike yesterday and planning on a sportive from Guildford next weekend 100k goes over to Hindhead crossing the A3, Liphook then back to Guildford.

• Options
    what am i missing out on here!?!?!?!?
  • Options
    In the BlueIn the Blue ✭✭✭
    I'm sneaking in and then sneaking out again, I wanted to do one of the ironman relays as there is no way on this planet I will be able to do a full irnman so if you need a swimmer to help make up a team I'm your woman image
  • Options
    Bootsie your in image CJ your into image

In the blue stay on this thread then cause IM won't be till next year now.

Kerry I'm already doing flashman image
  • Options

Hi Gang,

St Annes race report,

Arrived at registration, 7.15 got chip and numbers and bumped into Gav who was p!ssed off cos he was'nt taking part ....pool/ transition was about a mile from registration so we decided  (me and Des) to bike it there...image got out on the seafront.....Sh!t....the wind nearly blew us over image....got to transition, racked the bikes....Still blowing a galeimage checked out exits and entry points and laid out the kit.......time for Des to go, he was off at 8.25......Spent my time talking to the marshalls until it was time for me to go. 8.50.....right in the pool cap on, watch poised.....and I'm off...started easy keeping stroke as long as possible..1L turn, 2L turn feel ok.....Sh!t.....forgot to pull my goggles down (dickhead)...lost a few secs but sorted now.....out of the pool just over 10 mins....run to exit.....bloody hell!.... it's still blowing a gale.image.... shivering run to bike and get my kit on (long sleeved top)  and out of T1.

• Options
    24th September so far

Chilli
    ST
    Cat in Hat
    CJ
    Bootsie
    Eco

Come on three more please image yersina where are you???
  • Options
    Where you from in the blue?
  • Options

Bike,

Jump on the bike up a short road ......See Des go past finishing his first lap..... turn left on the seafront.......AHHHHGGGG...the bloody wind was trying to send me backwards ...out of the saddle and pushing hard .. a min later catch and pass Des.....about a min later Des catches and passes me (b#stard)...still pushing hard but only managing 12-14mph......it was like riding in a sand storm... it was blowingin my ears, eyes and stuck to my teeth.......image talk about gritting your teeth  (sorry couldn't resist that) image .....got to the first turn point going ok ... turn towards the seafront......Sh!t.....I'm stood on the pedals and going nowhere.....keep grinding away 6mph. turn left back the opposite ........whoopee.... got a tail wind....get up on the big crank and plough on....18, 20 22, 24,26mph am moving now and feeling good... pass Gav who's freezing his nuts off marshalling on the corner.......give him a shout and get a wave back.....round the turn and .......AHHHHGGGGG....back into the head wind..... ploughing away with head down,....still getting sandblasted 12mph. 1 lap done    down to the turn point..... AHHHHGGGG..... I swear it was worse than the first time... turn the corner and off I go... back on the big crank and I'm flying again.......Sh!t.... it's fecking hailstoning...I thought I was in the Arctic not bloody St Annes.....See Gav again , dos'nt look any warmer .... last turn and head for home and back into the head wind. image

• Options
    ST- I have just entered it! Will see you there!
  • Options
    Kerry what swim time you put? What time you hoping to get round in?
  • Options

Part 3,

Keep ploughing on head down.....seemed to be struggling a bit.........Sh!t.....End of my elastic lace had got caught in the crank and was winding me in.....No wonder I was struggling.......I was fighting the wiind and my bloody laces.image......Have to stop and wind my legs in reverse to undo my lace (dickhead)....knew I should have cut the ends off.....Ah well you live and learn...300mt to T2 .... off the bike and into T2 .....It was like some one had ransacked it.... there were plastic bags, towels ,and helmets blowing around....I heard later that one bloke thought his bike had been nicked only to find it had blown down to the end of his rack section....trainers on and out of T2 and on to the run.....legs felf good considering....kept the pace steady ......bit of a tail wind which was good and the hail stones had fecked off....round the lake and turn for home ....AHHHHGGGGG....bloody headwind.......really having to lean into it  and slowing down noticably.... kept plodding on and could see the finish line .....put on a sprint to the line.....(made sure I crossed it this time before I started celebrating).....Got my medal collapsed on the floor...forgot to stop my watch (dickhead)...by the time I realised I think I finished in about ........1.34 ish. and thats it ..... hope you enjoyed the report,  if you did'nt it it was'nt me image

BTW .......Des finished his first tri in.......1.29 ish. a great effort in terrible conditions. Well done mate.image

• Options
    wait what's september 24th? cause i am at hever then?!?
  • Options
    Silver Trucker wrote (see)
    Kerry what swim time you put? What time you hoping to get round in?
    I put down  7 minutes for the 400m and it was a rather last minute thing! I  have no idea how long it  will take me. Hopfully something around 1:20??? How about you?
  • Options
    So errr, St Annes was windy then? image

Good on all those who raced.

Apparently on the 24th September I'm in Stockholm looking at biofuel buses. . . . . . . . . . . *sad face*
  • Options
    Well was trying to get a thread meet for the Tri relays in Windsor image

Kerry I've put down 9 minute swim time it will be my third race ever with Sundays Woodhall spa being my second race. Hopefully my time will be around 1.20 to
  • Options
    So it's now

Chilli
    ST
    Cat in hat
    CJ

Come on guys any one else fancy it? It sounds like fun image

24th September (Saturday) Tri relay at Windsor Dorney lake
  • Options

Wow Razor! That is some race image

Bootsie - what are you doing at Hever?

Seems that most people are already busy on the 24th Sept! image

Biofuel buses in Stockholm? ummm, is this code for something and I'm thick (which is very true) or are you serious? 

Well, it was too windy for cycling today, Smidge and i would have be blown away. But I struggled through it for a 5mile run this evening.

• Options

Nice one, Razor! Maximum respect to you and Des. Worst conditions i've seen a race run in - ever!

My complexion is smooth as a baby's bum thanks to my seasalt and sand face pack from yesterday!image