Options

Curious Questions

Do your kids, or you, come up with some really tough questions?

Maybe you can answer some for me?  Spurred by a Chrissie pressie I got I'm dragging out those old, weird questions and seeing if anyone can answer them, or provide any more examples.  Some are plain silly, some are quite demanding!  Like:

When you turn the bedroom light off, do the walls change colour?

If I do something cruel to you, but it means you lead a better life afterwards, was I actually being kind when I did it?

If you could take a pill that would mean that you would win the London Marathon, would you take it?

If you found a contraceptive in your child's room, should you be pleased?

Comments

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

If you found a contraceptive in your child's room, should you be pleased?

Not if they are seven years old!

• Options

when we are filling shoe boxes for children in poor countries....................why doesn't santa just deliver them presents like he does us.......image

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    My little man turned 3 two weeks ago and asked where poo comes from?  Not exactly tough but wasn't quite expected just yet! image
  • Options
    RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

One for the dieters.  If I gain weight, does the rest of the planet lose that much weight?  Am I doing the world a favour?

seren nos wrote (see)

when we are filling shoe boxes for children in poor countries....................why doesn't santa just deliver them presents like he does us.......image

Don't you pass your shoeboxes over to Santa to deliver, Seren?  That's how presents from Nana get to our house...

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

I love how unrestricted kid's minds can be.

Cinders - next he'll be asking where babies come from and then the fun starts!

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Oops, managed to post twice!

• Options

Where's this...........? Where's that.................?

I dont know, ask your mom image

• Options

my daughter asked why she doesn't have a dilly like her brother and she would like me to buy her one.

just told her if she had a dilly she would be a boy and wouldn't be able to play with tinkerbell anymore, she no longer wants a dilly, lol

she also asked me with her daddy hasa dilly, i said yes all boys and men have them, girls and women dont.

the question came a bit out of the blue, she is four and at first wasnt sure how to answer it, especially if i could go out to the shop and but her one! lol

• Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭

our 4 year old got what we thought looked like a straightforward book about animals.

however thereboy  is a rather interesting anatomical drawing of a pregnant gorilla with a baby in there.

so this has led to a lot of questions. in fact he is showing it to everyone to see if he can get a reasonable explanation for this picture.

questions like how did it get in there? how will it get out?

• Options

my daughter is 7 and im bombarded with very sensible but random questions such as:                             how much sky is there ?image

whos the oldest person in the world?

what would a 200 year old person look like? (mummy at 5am)image

why dont we fall off the earth? 

• Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭

thank feck for the internet and wikipedia. image

you could actually get back to her with the answers to most of those fairly quickly.

• Options
    imageskotty, this has been my reply repeatedly..' hang on , i'll google it for you'image.....feel like im cheating a tad but when they ask they want to know 'NOW MUM!!'
  • Options

...a good one at the moment to do with this terms dragon homework project is ' what do dragons eat mum?'.........erm....answers on a postcard pleaseimage..in fact any ideas very welcome...

('people' was my initial answer)

• Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭

not so handy for the "where do babies come from?" questions.

rather too many images and videos on the internet showing more than they are ready to know.

• Options
    RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
    loulabell wrote (see)

my daughter is 7 and im bombarded with very sensible but random questions such as:                             how much sky is there ?image

Excellent!!  And where does it start?  Are clouds in the sky, or below it?  If the stars are in the sky, how high does it go up?

...a good one at the moment to do with this terms dragon homework project is ' what do dragons eat mum?'.........erm....answers on a postcard pleaseimage..in fact any ideas very welcome...

('people' was my initial answer)

What they eat depends on whether you like the teacher, doesn't it?
    answer a) Children who don't do their homework / ask too many questions / ...
    answer b) Teachers...
    [or c) "Ask your dad's mother..." image ]

• Options

Cinders - you reminded me of one of my favourite jokes:

Little girls sits on Daddy's lap and asks, "where does poo come from?"

Daddy explains; "when we eat, out tummies take out all the good things in food, all the things that make us grow big and strong and stay healthy. Poo is what's left when our tummies take all the good stuff out of our food. It travels to the end of our tummies and then goes into the toilet.

Little girl looks oddly at Daddy then replies; "And Piglet? Where does he come from?"

• Options

ask your dads mother....image, hmmmm , maybe Miss LLB needs retraining- she named the dragon in her story after meimage

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Lol LLB re the dragon! image 

Nice one  ANTB image

I think I'm going to be lost without google!

• Options

On a packed tube, mid afternoon about 20 seconds after a black man got on: "Why has that man got funny coloured skin?"

Crowded tube do an eyes right to stare at me.

Me: "Speak a little quieter dear. And in the same way that I have red hair, daddy had brown hair and you have blond hair, people have different coloured skin too."

Tube coming home 2 days later: "Mummy, why don't you have a willy?"

He was 3 at the time. image

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

My 2.5 year old hasn't got to the really daft ones yet.

It's just "why?"........................................................to EVERYTHING I SAY.image

• Options
    Nessie, the 3 year old I mentioned above is 17 this year, and still asks "why" all the time!
  • Options
    image ANTB

Not difficult but when I was trying to wake my daughter up the other day she asked,
    "daddy, why is it I'm really tired in the morning when I've got school and I'm not tired when I've got to go to bed."
  • Options
    cinders!! hi, how are you?!image Miss LLB  did her 'quest dragon story'  last weekend, and i spent an hour typing it up inserting my name as the dragons image..much to Mr LLBs amusement...image
  • Options

childrens logic astounds me...my dad gives Miss LLB pocket money of £5 each month,a few weeks back he asked her which she preferred ..in one hand he held out a five pound note, in the other five pound coins. Miss LLB looked at both hands , then at her papa, considered(for all of a milisecond) and scooped up the note AND the coins!!!imageimageimageimage...oops lol!

Miss LLB was requested to return one or other.....but we did have to laugh at her quick thinking!image

• Options
    Madlot wrote (see)
    image ANTB Not difficult but when I was trying to wake my daughter up the other day she asked, "daddy, why is it I'm really tired in the morning when I've got school and I'm not tired when I've got to go to bed." image

I'm STILL waiting for answer to that one and I'm 40!

How do you answer this one on the way in to Sainsburys as a somewaht overweight lady passes us on the way out.. already attracting a few stares due to her size;

As loud as a 4 year old can muster:

"Wow Dad! Is that the FATTEST lady in the world?"

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Lol!

That's a smart girl you have there LLB image

Nessie, don't you find that even when you do answer "why" you just get another "why" in reply? image

• Options

thanks cinders, i taught her wellimage....today i had another little gem..mIss LLB  wanted to take her pocket money to town. she thought she didnt have much and suggested she took her coins that the tooth fairy left her (£8 in total) i told her those coins were special and best to keep them safe...the reply was  ' well, whats the point in keeping them in a pot forever? moneys for spending!! '-imagelol

whata girl!...image

• Options

My nephew asked my sister in law

"Mum whats a tit wank?"

There was a stone cold silence around the breakfast table apparently, she wouldnt know anyway shes beyond flat chested image