Options

Can anyone recommend a physio in London?

Hi,

My fiancee has taken up running but had to stop because of a heel injury.  She has had a couple of sessions of physio with someone in central London but this has gone pretty badly: the physio was convinced the problem is due to a nerve and, although this might be true, his back manipulation and exercises have left her with a painful back, leg and glutes when none of them hurt before!

Quite naturally she doesn't want to go back to this physio, so I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation of a good physio who understand lower limb injuries (for the original heel injury) and also is good with back/nerve injuries (which she didn't have before but now does have!).

R

Comments

• Options

Brad Jones at Six Physio (2 Harley Street) is absolutely superb. 020 7636 6353  He keeps me running image

I think Six Physio have a few clinics in London so might be worth seeing if there's one near you.

Good luck!

• Options

Physio in the City - they have clinics all over, including in the city.

I have only used the Paddington physio but she is leaving the country and I trust her when she said that her replacement will be up to scratch because the owner of Physio in the City is choosy about whom she employs. If I need to see a physio again I will go back to them. 

• Options
    I have been to the guy at Back On Track (Thomas Lane Catford) and thought he talked a lt of sense. In any case, his advice helped banish (touch wood) a nasty knee business.
  • Options
    RoadkillRoadkill ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll chat them over with my better fraction once she has stopped spitting feathers at the last guy's incompetence.
  • Options
    I currently go to the British School of Osteopathy - they are half the price you'd pay for a normal physio and really good! They're located in London Bridge and it's a teaching practice, so you get a thorough examination by a student and then it's done again by the teacher and it's great!
  • Options
    A great approach I would definitely recommend is:
    www.londonphysiotherapy-homevisit.com

They are highly trained in neuromusculoskeletal physio, but the great thing is they really want to help you. They do more than physio as they would also boost your motivation.
    They listen and explain...