Options

Giving up sugar in tea

2»

Comments

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Sugar doesn't rot teeth. The bacteria that feed on the sugar rot teeth.

Pukka detox tea is delicious - aniseed, fennel and cardamom. Yum image

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I grew up on Sainsbury's Red Label but Sainsbury's isn't on my regular shopping rounds now so I've discovered Yorkshire Tea.  Champion!

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    I have Yorkshire tea too - instant builder's brew without have to leave it to stew image
  • Options
    Little Ninja wrote (see)
    Lady at work is cutting down on sugar, apparently. Yet she hasn't quite made the connection to the fact the three chocolate biscuits she has with her tea may be part of the problem.
    This had me laughing and nodding in agreement at the same time!  It's like the woman I work with who complains that she eats the same amount as me but keeps gaining weight.  Yes well, try walking up the stairs for a start, and if that fails add on the 25 miles a week running...

Thanks for all the comments - all very interesting, especially pointers about timelines.  1/2 tsps in the tea today and it was good!  Have calculated that I will have saved nearly 100 calories today on that alone which is an extra packet of fruit pastilles every two daysimage.
  • Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

"Spaghetti bolognese?  That's 560 calories!"

"That's OK, I've switched to Sweetex!"

Arse!

• Options
    I only have sugar if I have a cup of builder's the morning after a night on the lash... then I have two big heaped spoon fulls

Don't do sugar in coffee though... nor on breakfast cereal
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    The B Team wrote (see)
    1/2 tsps in the tea today and it was good!  Have calculated that I will have saved nearly 100 calories today on that alone which is an extra packet of fruit pastilles every two daysimage.
    Er...
  • Options

Gone from 7 sweeteners to none in tea here after being berated by the missus for drinking 'sugar water'

No cold turkey, just did it...

• Options
    sarah the bookworm wrote (see)
    The B Team wrote (see)
    1/2 tsps in the tea today and it was good!  Have calculated that I will have saved nearly 100 calories today on that alone which is an extra packet of fruit pastilles every two daysimage.
    Er...
    Oops, that should really have been a image.  Though it does put two things in perspective - firstly just how many 'wasted' calories those were.  But also that that really isn't my attitude nowadays (previously it would have been far worse than that).  I've come a loooonnng way in 18 months - though still a way to go.
  • Options
    The B Team wrote (see)
     Have calculated that I will have saved nearly 100 calories today on that alone which is an extra packet of fruit pastilles every two daysimage.

Lady I mentioned at work also sent a fax last year from her office downstairs to someone upstairs. Couldn't make it up. 

• Options
    "I cut down from having 2 sugars in my tea to none when I was a kid and realised" -   that I really didn't like the taste of tea! Been a coffee drinker since I was 12 and never use sugar,
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    anon wrote (see)

Are you saying you couldn't make it up,

or are you saying she couldn't make it up?

LOL!
  • Options
    Never, tea's disgusting, drink coffee.