Options

Triathlete's World Fab Four: MintyFresh

2»

Comments

• Options

Only a week to go.... how did the race come around so quickly!

Really enjoyed my sprint tri last Sunday, the weather was not the best (Dont think i dried off at all over the whole race!)

Am really excited about next week's race and although i seem to be having a problem with my left hip clicking, im determined to push through and make it to the finish line!

Long bike session tomorrow- my Timex is telling me i should be be hitting about 1hr:35 for the bike which i would be happy with but like to shave off a little time if possible.

Also doing the Mencap Mile Charity Swim on Sunday At Dorney Lake, really looking forward to getting into my wetsuit and just swimming the distance

MF x

• Options
    Good luck Minty fresh, best of luck this weekend, you have been training very hard and you will do just fine, probably even better!! imageimageimage
  • Options

Thanks Andreia image Still feel like i could do with another week of training to feel completely prepared.

Mile swim for Mencap on Sunday was the perfect way to end training and enter into the tapering week- while i felt like i pushed myself as hard as i could and the thought of a 40k bike ride immediately afterwards did not fill me with excitement, my recovery was quick and did make me think that after T1, i should be fine!

Not much else to do now but a short bike and swim session this week and race preparation on Saturday!

Id like to thank everyone who has offered advice and support over the last 12 weeks, i do feel like i have caught the triathlon bug and while my time may not be great on Sunday, it will definitely give me a starting time for improvement in future races!

Fingers crossed to all those also racing this weekend in either London or other events taking place.

MF x

• Options

I'm sure your time will be great on Sunday, I have definitely enjoyed reading your blogs. thank you for participating in this.

also, surely this week you should be relaxing? image

• Options

After a few days off to help my legs recover, i am still smiling from last weekends race. While the hot weather added another obstacle to the race, i throughly enjoyed my first olympic triathlon and can say it will not be my last.

I managed to complete the course in 3hrs 13mins, while i didnt have a set time in my head, i was hoping for a sub 3 finish so will look to push for this in my next race.

Did anyone else do it last weekend? How did you get on?

MF x