Options

Mental illness and running

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Solb. You don't fancy doing the rest of the house while you're at it?
  • Options
    Looks like a load of positivity has been happening in here image

Could I borrow a bit this morning, please?
  • Options

Yes Frodo you most certainly can *dispatches positivity and a virtual hug* 

I'm off to therapy (hopefully via the shower as I still have a rather yellow hue from yesterdays monstering - I thought this blinking stuff was washable!!) 

• Options
    ( Frodo, do you want first stir of this thread's Christmas cake?)

Right, this week is half term. I tend to worry a lot about school holidays because I find it hard trying to occupy the two children when they ilike doing very different tthings. Moo likes running around,exploring, destroying everything as he works out how things works. Little miss is nearly 7 years older and wants to play with her friends, go shopping, make and bake. We always survive and I have a couple good things planned
  • Options
    Thanks for the good vibes. They weren't able to change something that I now know was inevitable, but they were appreciated.

I'm pretty low again, but not giving up image

I hope therapy went well, SOLB?

*syphons off cake mixture while no one is looking*
  • Options

Hey Frodo

I'm glad you aren't giving up, am here if you need some support (or a rant) I'm sending lots and lots of love and a massive cuddle. 

Therapy went really well, was a good session. I got to tell Vicky that I feel like it's really working and I just feel better underneath all the wibbles and wobbles, it's like my base line is higher. 

I made her laugh by saying can we not just shake all the 'alters' out and squish them; I wanted to force the process a bit to make some more progress. Vicky laughed and said it really doesn't work like that but she must have listened too as next week we are going to review some of the stuff I've drawn; including stuff when I was in a 'blank' and Vicky thinks I was someone else. Sounds really weird but I'm glad she's letting me push it a bit. 

I really, truly believe that I'll get better not just from the dissociative identity disorder thingie but from the OCD too. It's really cool I dont think I've ever felt that a recovery was actually possible before. I'm hoping that by this time next year I won't be seeing Vicky or Sally (CPN) anymore cos I won't need to. 

I bumped into a snotty cow who I used to work with today, she gave me the most superior smirk I've ever seen as we walked into the library - I smirked right back as I imagined shoving her head first into the huge book bin that was next to us! 

Haven't seen creepy neighbour for a week (he's still banging away up there so I assume it's a massive binge and he'll emerge looking yellow and crumpled soon) so I braved chopping the grass. I'm glad I've done so much work on the wilderness over the last few weeks - it looks so much better and not a lion or jungle in sight. 

*passes Frodo a mug of tea to take the too-much-sugar-feel-sick headache away and hides the empty cake tin in the corner*  

• Options
    Wanders in ready to stick the cake in a tin if it is cool enough

Erm, has anyone seen a Christmas cake? Big thing, sat on the workshop, smelt rally good?
  • Options

Oh By Eck I'm taking SOLBsis and the mini's for an autumn walk in the New Forest next weekend. You guys would be welcome too

• Options

Errr no; cake? what cake? 

Maybe you just dreamed about making a cake *solb is relieved she did the washing up now* 

• Options

weird double post removed 

• Options
    Erm, all my Christmas cake ingredients have gone missing too. There was dried fruit, treacle that is now opened,all the ground almonds are missing and I only have one egg left.

On well, at least I have a beautifully clean kitchen and can cook another one!
  • Options

'lo peeps!

Mmmm I smell Crimbly cake

Sorry you're feeling low Frodo (((( Frodo ))))

Wish I could make it to the New Forest it sounds good plus I could add to my P sister collection image

• Options
    image I've got new wellies for the walk... I was excited but they have a defect image the package came with a ??10 discount on the next purchase. I'm going to order some more wellies with the discount and return these for a refund instead of exchanging 3image

I'm excited about the autumn walk. I don't think you get to keep any of the SOLB sister's bear though they are a few of us!
  • Options

oooh that's dead cunning SOLB image

• Options
    Sneaky warm, dry feet!

*jumps in a muddy puddle*
  • Options

Oi! Stop splashing me! image

• Options
    What time Solb? We are out at a play centre in the morning.
  • Options

We were aiming for about 10, but we could meet you after lunch too. I'll have a chat with SOLBsis and let you know what they are thinking image if they have nothing on in the afternoon it'd be nice if we can get together - though there will be plenty of other adventures if not. 

• Options

I had dedicated today as a rest day knowing that I usually feel drained after anything social. I was still tempted to go to the gym after therapy then spent a few hours arguing with myself about whether to go or not before promptly falling asleep on the sofa; have been in and out of sleep all evening ... I guess I was tired after all (especially as my sofa is only a two seater so I was all curled up) 

• Options

Sounds like you needed it then hun.

I think I'm going to start recognising more how tiring social days can be and timetable in rest days. I have managed to get a few things done but not enough to be at work!

• Options

It's a good idea bear. It's silly to beat yourself up for not getting enough done if it was inevitable that you wouldn't. If the day is going to end up a bit wasted anyway you might as well bin the guilt and get the maximum benefit from the rest ... that said it's easier said than done, clearly. Can't believe I gave myself gym guilt on the day I deliberately wrote off the gym and running cos I didn't want to drive myself mad with guilt! ARGHHH 

Anyway I'm surprisingly still sleepy so I'm going to have an early night and catch you all in the morning 

Lots of love 

xxx

• Options

Morning all

What's the plan for today? I'm feeling distinctly under motivated; please can you inspire my lazy bum out of the door? 

Still thinking of you Frodo (just thought I'd say in case you were lurking) (((Frodo))) 

• Options

Morning!

*gives SOLB a boot up the bum*

• Options

OUCH!! *rubs botty* that wasn't exactly what I had in mind!  

• Options

oops sorry image

I need motivation too, still tired as a tired thing

• Options

I have a plan! I am going to be a lazy bum until about 2 then grab my bike and cycle towards the gym. If I get a magic energy surge then I'll go along to the gym, pop in do a little resistance then cycle home which should be plenty of exercise for one day. (I'll take it easier on the hill at mile 6 though cos that's where I got the asthma attack last time) If I still feel like I'm running on empty I'll just go a few miles out then turn around and come home. I can then choose whether to drive to the gym later or just leave it alone. I am going on the something is better than nothing principle with exercise and I suspect I'll feel better once I get on with it. 

It's weird how draining social stuff is, it's a million times more draining than running a marathon though it sounds ridiculous.

• Options

I guess that's MH stuff - I know what you mean though

The plan seems good - I need to hit the shops image

• Options

tick tock SOLB tick tock!

• Options

briiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggg image rrrrrriiiiiiinnnnggggg!!

Wake up SOLB