Options

Does your car have a name?

124»

Comments

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    How about Pug Mark Two, or PMT for short?
  • Options
    SophieC - I suspect you'd love the Toyota iQ - it's everything the Smart is not. Fast, stable, ridiculously small steering circle, or if you have pots of money and already own an Aston Martin, then you could buy the AM Cignet (rebadged and somewhat reengineered iQ). Todger measurements not needed.
  • Options
    Alas I don't own an aston martin. One day... (but I want one that comes with an ejector seat)...
  • Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Aston Martins, Porches, Ferraris etc really don't appeal to me.

If I won the lottery I'd love a good proper 4x4 to go & have some off-road fun in.

• Options
    My car is called Giulietta. Well, it's not really called that, it just is one. I've never named a car. My wife did name a talking Sat nav app I used to have on my phone as Penelope.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    When I'm a growed up I want the plate that my daughter saw on a friend's dad's car:

B1 GJJ
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    mine's called mickey
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Shallow and pointless, but I'd like an SVT plate. Preferabbly with my real initials at the start. But I need to wait for 75 plates to come round to get a number that means something.
  • Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

You could have SVT at the end of the old style. Then the first letter of your first name & lucky number.

Joe Bloggs:

J13 SVT. Those sort of ones usually cost £200-250. So yes somewhat a waste of money in the grand scheme of things! £80 to transer each time though image

I got mine when I was 18/19 and had just started working full time so with no financial commitments (mortgage, kids etc), it was money burning a hole in my pocket.

• Options

k8 - good point. And I just realised that we had a car that was only one letter away from that sort of plate when I was a kid. A nice shiny red XR3i, when my dad was going through his boy racer phase.

Despite not naming cars, I have half-heartedly named one of my guitars 'The Beast', because it's a red SG and looks particularly demonic (it gets played mostly in church...).