Options

PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Options

Trentham was not good for me today swim was 5 mins slower than last time, bike 50 mins longer (was up for the bike and then Rosey said it was a Bistard) and it was, run 20 mins longer. So not a very happy bunny.image

Rosey....thanks for all your support today and the morning welcome hig for myself and Mrs TB..Hope you did not get in to much trouble getting home so late, all the best mate and love to the familyimage

• Options
    Oh and well done to you Big Al 123..great timesimage
  • Options
    Cheers mate, I thought the bike course even for the sprint was a little challenging and I consider myself ok on the bike so I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, it's obviously affected your run but you've still done the distance so you should be really happy no matter what time you do. I know that doesn't help if you've had your mind on a certain time, I know I get annoyed when I don't hit my target but it's just another stepping stone on the way to Outlaw! image
  • Options

At least myself and Cake made everyone else look goodimage

Cake...lovely to finally meet up..and good to help each other on the run...and to meet the OH's...and the beer..pie and mash..hope you got home ok? Say hi to your mate..sorry forgot his name.

• Options
    Sorry I didn't hang around, I had to get away to do some family stuff.
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't get to say hello big Al, after checking the start list I only thought Cake was playing out. Was good to bump into LittleJohn and Mr and Mrs TB in the car park.

Cake wasn't impressed when I lapped him on the bike loop but we managed to sandwich the only tritalker on the course which was quite funny.

Tonka was shouting something at me as I went past too, I hope it was encouragement, both bike and run were very tough and hilly so not a pb course at all especially if you did it last year.

I like to stay as long as possible so got to see TB finish and heard Steve Ho finish (that must be his real name as it was called over tanoy) however Cake was enjoying himself so much I got a big manly hug on lap 3 when I had to leave, hope you finished ok mate.

Thanks to Quimby for piccies and well done to all pirates ?
  • Options

Morning Rosey..It was encouragement...in between deep breathes and messing about with a gear change and calling you Nicky, Nick, Rosey. the brain was not working to wellimage

I was happy you lapped me as i needed the encouragement...so thankyouimage

• Options
    I did pounce on a hump back bridge so swearing at gears is allowed. You looked like you were going well. And I hope the 'cooooooooeeeeeeeyyyyy' from 200m back was enough to get you going again lol, was great to see you and Mrs and I have passed on your hugs to mate. Teya loved the medal and even though I won some gatorade she might not be using that for a while !
  • Options
    It was the cooooooooooeeeeeeeeeyyy! that threw me...think that is why i messed the gear change up...would have expected an AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!image
  • Options

Morning all,

Rosey - yep steve ho is my real name.... i think i was standing near you next to the finishing line when Matt came round for his second run lap. sorry i did not say hello, i don't want feel to like a right spanner for saying hello to the wrong person etc...

as for my race - my plan was to go easy and use it as training and ended up with a Pb with time of 5:27. the only issue was bowel movement on the run making the 3rd and 4th lap rather difficult....

have to say: amaze to see matt finish with virtuely no training... what a nutter!!

• Options

image Err dude I also have probable glandular fever at the moment. image

Big Al 123 wrote (see)
    To those who did Trentham today, how did you get on? Cake, thought you had a puncture or technical difficulty, hope everything was ok? I did the Sprint and it went ok but I think I could have done a bit better, finished in about 1:20. Took me a while to find my rythym in the swim but I came out the water in 10:30 so I can't complain for my first open water swim, the wetsuit was ok cheers Cake, worked a treat. Bike was a harder course than expected but went ok in just over 40 mins, held back a bit though for the run which I did in about 24. All in all a good day but I know I can do better than that with some tweaking image

image Well done matey. Don't worry I was just taking a minute was the longest swim or bike done for about 11 months and wanted to make sure I didn't breakdown.

Iron Rose wrote (see)
    Sorry I didn't get to say hello big Al, after checking the start list I only thought Cake was playing out. Was good to bump into LittleJohn and Mr and Mrs TB in the car park. Cake wasn't impressed when I lapped him on the bike loop but we managed to sandwich the only tritalker on the course which was quite funny. Tonka was shouting something at me as I went past too, I hope it was encouragement, both bike and run were very tough and hilly so not a pb course at all especially if you did it last year. I like to stay as long as possible so got to see TB finish and heard Steve Ho finish (that must be his real name as it was called over tanoy) however Cake was enjoying himself so much I got a big manly hug on lap 3 when I had to leave, hope you finished ok mate. Thanks to Quimby for piccies and well done to all pirates ?

image You lapped me on that course.image image Was good to see the admiral in action. Who was the tritalker? Had a good natter with him and was a lovely bloke. He did try to tell me but some tool in a hachback was trying to kill us both at the time.

• Options
    The tool in the hatchback didn't happen to have a big "Canal +" sticker on the side of his car, did he?
  • Options
    image Couldn’t tell was overtaking the tritalker on a hill just after a corner and we both heard a horn followed by a car at speed missing me. Ashamed to say I gave them the finger. I think they were speeding and just missed us. Was a red car and I think I reno, apologies in advance if I had misjudged the situation if the driver is reading this. Did get a few car driver’s on the course giving cheering on friendly horns, waves and stuff through which is always nice.
  • Options
    i must say ... this thread seams to have been well and truly hijacked image
  • Options

matt - i did some reading up on glandular fever, so i'am aware it can be pasted on or either your the carrier and past it to poor sarah...image

• Options

Reason I think I have it is Sarah defiantly does, following blood test’s with the water sickness. Throats been sore for a couple of weeks and been a bit knackered. image

Message for Frodo, if you can’t do outlaw because of the wedding there are plenty more long distance races out there if you think you want to do another one there is a good chance a few of us will play with you. image

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

there is a good chance a few of us will play with you. image

Er, you might want to rephrase that fella image
  • Options
    slowerthanilook wrote (see)
    The tool in the hatchback didn't happen to have a big "Canal +" sticker on the side of his car, did he?
    I hear he was in France last week, must have fled the country and resided in Stoke!!!
  • Options
    Iron Rose wrote (see)
    Sorry I didn't get to say hello big Al, after checking the start list I only thought Cake was playing out.

Don't worry, I'll be around for a while. There will plenty of time to say hello image 

• Options
    image Rosie watch this one he's going to be good. Think you might have Kona company at some point. He also lives your side of the hills and could use some help with swimming. image
  • Options
    he doesn't want to come to me for swimming lol, but if you want to meet up Al, PM me. Me and the Cona go out regularly but I fear that might slow when he gets a real job lol
  • Options
    Rosey, can't you. Cona and Al just start your own Tour de France team? I'm sure it can't be that hard.... image Then you'll never have to work again image
  • Options

Watch out in Kona for our club's best junior in a few years - after winning the German junior championship again this year, Benedict has been given a place in a top sports academy where he will finish his school studies and move his sports talent up a few notches.He's good at all 3 disciplines and has notched up a 16:20 for 5km at the age of 16! He will be coached by, among others, German pro and Olympian Jan Frodeno - a big loss to our club but what a fantastic opportunity for the lad!

• Options

It looks like my long distance career will be resucitated in 2012 with a trip to Nottingham can anyone confirm the date yet ?

• Options
    image I wqas chatting to the company folks who run it last week in bristol and they have said barring problems with the locals it should be exactly the same weekend as this year. it's not set in stone according to them yet but last weekend in July.
  • Options
    SO that means 30 week training plan starts on 2nd January 2012..... crumbs..... 
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)
    image I wqas chatting to the company folks who run it last week in bristol and they have said barring problems with the locals it should be exactly the same weekend as this year. it's not set in stone according to them yet but last weekend in July.
    image So that would make it the 28/29th July and not the 21/22nd? If so, I'm back in! image
  • Options
    *Frodo* wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)
    image So that would make it the 28/29th July and not the 21/22nd? If so, I'm back in! image
    If 28/29, I'm out image  if 21/22 I'm in image
  • Options
    28th /29th clashes with the olympics ....