What:: Rest
Why: Rest day
Last Hard: Runnin out of answers
Lyrics: image this is what i'm doing instead

Have a good day whatever you do

Comments

• Options

Morning.

Welcome Danyul - hope you have a good race.

Well done Gobi.

What:              long bike/short run
    Why:                It's on the schedule
    Last hard:      I know what the answer is going to be tomorrow!
    Last rest:       24/6

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Another lovely day here...should probably get out before everybody gets up and before it gets really hot.

What: 60 mins slow

Why: because I didn't do 60 mins yesterday

Last hard: May

Last rest: Friday

Lyrics: nope

Good luck to all who are racing this weekend!

• Options

Morning

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Schools out for summer' by Alice Cooper.

The Scottish schools are out for summer, so thats why i chose itimage

Cracking sunnya nd warm summers day again up hereimageimage

Have a good one.

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all and welcome Danyul.

Didn't get time to post yesterday, but did do a 20 mile bike ride, the 1st long ride I've done in about a year.  OH decided he wanted to go on a bike ride when we got up yesterday.  It was great, explored loads of villages around here that we'd never been before and even got some strawberries and rasberries on our journey!  Substituted for my 6 mile long run that I was meant to be doing.

Gorgeous day again today, will try and fit in a 3 miler later. Helping at Cambridge Race for Life today.  I'm a marshall which means I get a walkie talkie!!!  

Does anyone else get really sore wrists and hands from cycling?  I think it's from breaking too hard, but they are painful this morning...

Have a good day all and good luck to any racers.

• Options
    40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Gobi
    Well dome

Alehouse
    No, the recoveries were run, rather than jogged, hence the difficulty.  Interesting concept to work with some more.

What:  Just over 4 miles easy
    Why:  Long run cut short
    Last hard:  1 day
    Last rest:  2 days
    Lyrics:  No

Legs were very heavy & unwilling this morning, didn't improve after a couple of miles so I looped back.  Not happy doing this, but probably for the best as I can hit next week fairly fresh.

On which topic, track tomorrow, short stuff.

• Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Emzap: Sounds like a nice day out!! Can't comment on sore hands/wrists as I don't cycle on road! Enjoy your marshalling!

40 Minutes: That's a shame, but at least you are listening to your body! Hopefully next week you will see the benefit!

Birkmyre: Are they off already? Sometimes I see a difference of a week between English/Welsh schools, but didn't realise that Scottish schools finished so much earlier!

I've been out for my run.

6:57m - 1hr 01:20 @ 9:20 min/m

Felt good today. Have trained 5 times this week. 4 runs, 1 stationary bike. So, 1 less session than last week but I made sure that I did the same number of runs by dropping a bike session. Felt like runs were better quality this week too. 

19.55 miles this week.  Looking to break 20 next week. 

Weighday tomorrow!!!

• Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

My school finished on the 24th June - been off for a week already! image  Just less than 7 weeks to go - how will I cope image  lol

10 miles steady today in 75:48 - getting back to normal again now, thankfully!

Well done RFJ - great time for 5K. image

• Options
    Swim later

Good luck to anyone getting out safety pins
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Welcome Danyul

What - 15.25m
    Why - Long run in the sun...
    Last hard - yesterday
    Last rest - Thurs

just under 51 miles for the week, so very happy image now to keep it there and more till taper time for Abingdon without any injuries....

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

40 mins: sounds a wise move. I find myself in a similar position, as I may have mentioned before: not coping very well the day after a hard session. Will have to see what I'm like tomorrow...

What: 3 x 1k at about 90% effort, I guess
    Why: was helping at a race and the k markers were there so...
    Last hard: warming down today
    Last rest: Dec 09

Lyrics: nope

Off to watch 20:20 cricket shortly, with one ear on the Wimbledon final.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

emzap - sounds more like a problem with your set up. You might want to try putting your bars higher - what sort of bike is it - road/hybrid/mtb? Also - do you wear gloves? Good padded ones help to absorb the road vibration.

Blimey donaldo - that's uni holidays over here.

Just back from my most enjoyable long ride of the year so far. I think it's the weather that's made the difference. Very little wind and warm but not hot, hot, hot. Whatever the reason I had a great ride. Now refuelling before this afternoons 30 minute run. I'd much rather run it off the bike - so much easier - but coach likes me to give my legs a couple of hours to stiffen up first.................

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement alehouse, alex_h, Pammie, Little M.iss, emzap, and RFJ image

What: A very hot and sunny Gunnersbury 10K in 48:45. Sliced 43 seconds off my previous best.
    Why: To support a local event and gauge how my training is going. Ten workmates racing each other in Nov at the Brighton 10K and we're taking it very seriously.
    Last hard: Today
    Last rest: Yesterday

Yesterdays lyrics: Not until I saw Alice Cooper on TV last night and then it clicked.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Alex - I had hoped for a 58 if the course was accurate so a 57 over the extra distance was a shock.

Gutted to report our TT today was cancelled due to road works :¬( so

On the bright side I will be able to hit track hard tomorrow :¬)

What: 3 hrs on the bike d&d
    run PM
    Why: improvising
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 28th March
    Lyrics: possible
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

Thanks for the tip LMUH I'll check it out and experiement image  It's a mtb so not great for roads but it does the job.  If you have too nice a bike round here it just gets nicked.

Just done 3 miles in 29 mins - it's hot out there!

Marshalling was fun until a runner stole my hat and part of my lunch image  I was not very happy!

Have a good afternoon all image

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Donaldo/Birkmyre i knew scottish schools broke up early, but Don i hadn't realised they were  that early

Danyul well done on the pb Good time

RFJ nice mileage

alehouse like your style using a situation to your advantage

emzap - what a rotter of a runner was it a club runner?

Thought todays lyrics would have been easy looks like Gobi is the only one to have got them particularly as a lot of you like to do this image