Options

Leicester Marathon 2011

13»

Comments

• Options
    Can I just add my comments about this race from Sunday. It was my first full marathon but I have some good experience from shorter races, e.g. half marathons etc.

I would agree with all of the comments about the pre-race. Website poor and not updated until the last moment. Numbers sent out far too late - no excuses for this. This made me fear for the quality of the overall organisation of the race.

HOWEVER... on the day, no such concerns. Good provision of toilets (some queues but good condition). Very good standards of marshalling - lots of junctions to protect and crossings to look after - done very well. All felt very good on the day - drinks stations good, like the mid-course toilets, clearly a lot of planning had gone on to achieve this.

Some other concerns. No clock at the finish (WTF?) most strange. Running through the town centre, agree with earlier comment, it was almost embarrassing running around the shoppers. OK, I was slow (04h17) and I guess for the half marathon runners coming through in volume it was fine, but people did NOT respect the course at all. New Walk at the end was even worse, despite the best efforts of the marshals.

And the official photographer's website (a-w-p) is just SHOCKING. Good luck to you if you want to find your race photos, I'm not sure anyone could ever find them - awful, awful site. Thank god for SportsSnaps, so much better, although yet to find my photo on their site but at least it works.

Very disappointed to see the numbers down on the year so much, when the course is so good and it's clearly demanding to put this race on. Please do it again - I'll be back - but also please do yourselves a favour and make sure that some of the pre-race stuff is looked after a bit better, because it gives the wrong impression. Other races NAIL this.
  • Options
    MACbMACb ✭✭✭
    Just checked the photos on the website. I know there seems to have been problems but it seems to be working right now, the photo quality seems to be very good, you can see all my teeth as I grimace crossing the line! I was sure I was smiling!
  • Options

hello guys, i just wounder whether it is only me who can't get access to the leicester half marathon 2011 on the main website. OR does anyone know where to get photoes, except

: http://en.sportsnaps.com/photos/search/gb/leicester-marathon_128/2011-10-09/leicester//?country=GB&date=10-09-2011&eventid=128

• Options

Hi Denys

Just picked up your thread.Leic Marathon Pics are on Alan Worth Photograhy

Good Luck

Terry Simms (Race Commentary)

• Options
    I also had a lot of problems with the official photographer's website. However, I am pleased to report that it now seems to be working. I used the following link to browse the photographs:

http://a-w-p.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=276932

I also purchased some photographs and they came through quickly without problems. If you are still having difficulties, why don't you contact Alan directly on a.worth@ntlworld.com

Hope this helps.

Nick