Options

Friday 22nd July

Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

I passed on the way

40 maybe you are likely a shorter distance runner image

NZC sounds like a good docu

Thought i start lyrics today back from work amazing bike ride home the difference an almost clear road does for you had some mile splits that began with a 4 image thats never happened.

What: 7½ miles cycle home with 7.8 miles cycle later today. I may run we will see
Why: Commute
Last Hard: Yesterday cycling in the rain horrid
Lyrics: There is a local chap who comes from here he was telling me all about it made it sound a real Runners paradise well one can ...

Comments

• Options

Morning Night owl

Lyrics today: Yesimage

What;5.25M Steady

Why: Trying to run more than 4,25M regularly.image

Paddy: See aboveimage

catch up time

• Options

Morning.

That sounds really interesting NZC.

Paddy - you'll be out mileaging me soon!

What:          long bike/short,easy run
    Why:            no work and trying to clear a weekend day to support coach
    Last hard:  10/11
    Last rest:    11/11

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Bit like a winter's day. Or autumn at least.

Meant to say last night's run was 16 mins out, 14 mins back, gently opening the throttle.

What: some thing slooow and gentle
    Why: caution
    Last hard: ?
    Last rest: 09

Lyrics: I believe so. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Bit like a winter's day. Or autumn at least.

Meant to say last night's run was 16 mins out, 14 mins back, gently opening the throttle.

What: some thing slooow and gentle
    Why: caution
    Last hard: ?
    Last rest: 09

Lyrics: I believe so. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Just thought I'd pop into say I know the lyrics!

Busy day today as off on holiday at 3am tomorrow.  Need to pack so may not fit anything in but will try.  

Will report back later!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

night owl, nice commute!

what: maybe a gentle couple of miles later

why: race on sunday

last hard: yesterday morning

last easy: last night

have a good day, good luck racing/running/resting all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Night Owl, Little Miss Ultra Happy, Alehouse - Ceal posted a couple of links to "Autumn Gold" on the over '60s thread if you are interested in having a look.

Lyrics - yes!!

What: Just another easy 3 miles with Mae.

Good running everyone.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh nzc, the baby's head is engaged!! I knitted a back of a  baby jumper last night, panic mode....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Wabo - Fingers crossed for you and yours.

Night owl - yes - cycling in the rain isn't a lot of fun, but it's the traffic that scares me.

alehouse - it sounds at least as if you are enjoying what you can do. I think that is the crux of it; if enjoyment depends on achieving a standard of training, then running stops when the standard is beyond reach. Nothing good or bad in either decision, just the way it is.

Me? errand run, with Lucy and training partner. About 4+ miles all told. It made a bit of a long day on the lead for my partner, but she didn't complain. We stopped in at the department to collect my glasses and some papers. She was much fussed over by the secretaries and IT staff. Emptied the ballast out of Lucy, ran through the city, stopping at the market to load up on fruit for dinner for son 3's fiancee's family, who are arriving today. Ran home. Felt good. The run included Castle hill which posed no problems at all, merely woke my feet up so they were nice and springy by the time I got to work.

My next A event? In October 2012 I may well be retiring, unless the university decides to go ahead with any of the plans I have put forward. October 2012 will also see my 60th birthday. In late September every year I feel a very strong urge to follow the swallows, to head south, and just keep on running. If I do indeed retire in 2012 I will do just that. Probably some bits of Camino Santiago. I am not conventionally religious, but pilgrimage has its appeal with me. Lots of things could upset this plan. The university deciding to go forward with any of the schemes I have suggested would be one. Being unable to run or unfit to be let loose off leash would be another, but I'm not even going to consider that possibility. Being argued out of it by family is also a possibility, but as things are at present, they would have to find some convincing arguments.

• Options

Exciting Wabo - knit faster!

Happy holidays emzap.

Sounds like a great plan to have on the horizon Stickless.

90 miles on the bike done followed, after sufficient time to seize up, by a 3 1/2 mile run.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Evening all!

Yesterday was a busy day...but a good day! Finished work, home, walked woofies, then straight out for yet another birthday meal and watch Harry Potter. Planned a rest day anyway so no harm done!

Back to it today:

What: 5 miles Easy pace

Why: It's becoming my stock run

Last Hard: May

Last rest: yesterday

Was a busy day on here yesterday!

Wabo: exciting times indeed!! Well done on the race too!

LMUH/Paddy: Crazy mileage! Loving your work! Looks like you are getting stuck back into it!

Stickless: Good to see you back! Hope all is well!

Emzap: Enjoy your hols...we go away on Monday too

Alehouse: Any x-ray news?

40: You are doing some interesting stuff at the moment!!

Birkmyre: Your 5am Fartleks still make me shake my head in disbelief...I wish I could get up and do my usual run! I'm sure it's a habit though! I must try harder...after my hols!

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetinga all

What - 7mfollowed by a Job interview in London this afternoon
    Why - Steady miles for mara trg
    Last hard - Tues
    Last Rest - yesterday

Interview went well, will put between a rock and a hard place if offered it...!!!!

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hello from France

What: Just 72 mountain miles on the bike. Pace and HR everywhere
    Why: I'm in the Alps
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: July 21st
    Lyrics: No

So we rode the tri course that I will be racing on Wednesday minus the Alpe d'Huez climb and the start section. You forget how long it takes to cover ground in France but it takes a while :¬)

Off to the time trial tomorrow which starts about 5/10 mins from our hotel but first I will run as I have not done anything in the last 2 days. Nothing serious though as would you believe I entered the duathlon up the Alpe on Sunday ?? :¬)
  • Options
    40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

alex
    Doing my best to keep you all entertained!

Not very interesting today though -
    What:  Rest
    Why: That time of the week
    Last hard:  1 day
    Last rest:  5 days
    Lyrics:  No

Dodged the showers for a BBQ this evening!

• Options
    Wabo -exciting stuff - been there 3 times myself, but I was also in the delivery room with her and her husband!!

Gobi - sounds like you are having a blast!

Stickless - good luck with whatever you decide.