Options

Oh the shame!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    page 55 you say? hang on a mo Razor.....*skips off to find it*image
  • Options
    *wipes tears and splurted tea off keyboard*...oh you did it again Razor...sooooo funny...image,,thank you.... from loulaimage....fancy a hobnob and a builders brew?
  • Options
    Why not.......1` sugar and a drop of milk.........how have you been Lou?
  • Options

Getting more worried now that I read race reviews...  I am hoping my race goes like a dream in nice dry but cool weather. NOT RAIN

• Options
    My first fall while using cleats was next to a barbed wire fence which I tried to grab to stop the fall.I wont be doing that again !
  • Options
    hi Razor...im ok, just off to do 13miles...whens your next Tri..?image
  • Options
    I took my first tumble on Thursday...in to nettles.  Managed to gouge a chunk out of my right thigh, give myself a pretty gear set scar on the back of my left leg, scrapes all the way down the inside of my left thigh and a massive nettle rash down most of my right leg.  Thinking I got off lightly though as if I'd fallen to the left I'd have been cycle swimming in the canal! 
  • Options

I fell off the first time out, hadn't even got more than 20 feet from the house!  Was alright for a while after that, then couldn't get unclipped at a junction and fell over into a load of stinging nettles.  Didn't have any cuts, but as I'd landed on my bum in the nettles (managed to unclip as I was falling over so twisted to sit on my bum) and couldn't sit down properly that night.  Had to go to bed early and lie on my side as it was too painful to sit on the sofa image  Went out a couple of days later and just rode round the quiet estates in town practicing clipping and unclipping at junctions and stuff.  Also put some WD40 stuff on the clippy bit (well, Mr TST did) which helped loosen it off a bit too. 

Would like to say  I haven't fallen off since then, but fell off the other day right outside the house as I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing, ran out of road as the neighbours car was parked there and just keeled over to the side! 

• Options

Lou......my next Tri is a sprint at Fleetwood..26th Sept........it's just up the road from Blackpool......are you doing any Tri's?....what are you training for, must be doing something to be doing 13miles.image

Going out on my new bike with my new shoes and cleats in the morning......you know me Lou..there might be a post on here tomorrow  night if I'm not hospitalised  image

• Options
    hi Razor, im doing a 10k at Highclere on 18th sept, then Oxford HM the weekend after...havnt got any Tris lined up yet..got bike now thoughimageyippee , so have been going out on that in between long runs to recover..am doing 13miles most weekends  to build up for ultra really, am rubbish swimmer so gawd knows when im going to be good enough for a Tri without drowning...there will be you getting stuck in your cleats n me drowning like a brick..both better book a bed in A&E now i thinkimagelol
  • Options

if i do any Tris they will most likely be in spring now and at Blenheim palace Oxfordshire, as thats where i live.

(Oxfordshire i live that is, not Blenheim palaceimage)

• Options

loulabell - get some swimming lessons and you will be okay.

I can swim 500m front crawl as of today!  from 22m to 500m in 3 months image...  Olympic distance here I come!

• Options
    i can swim BWT.. just not sure i can go for half a mile...or 2.4 mile if i want to do IMimage
  • Options

Ohhh I could swim just badly.

Think 2013 / 2014 for an IM for me lol!!!

• Options
    Lou...BWT........last year could only do 3 lengths FC (front crawl) but stuck with it ......now I can swim 2k FC in OW (open water)  every week  at Salford Quays,  could go longer if necessary .image will be back in the pool in the next few weeks as the OW season ends.  image
  • Options

Razor the life guard has now stopped walking up and down the poolside when I swim (massive improvement!) so I am hoping that over the winter I will build up to 2k by next March / April, so I am ready for an Olympic Tri next year but they are open water so how do you find an Open Water Venue?  It there a website?

• Options

BT.......just type in OW swim venues and it should come up with a list ....then just type in your area.   what area are you in?

• Options
    only probs with the open water guys is i get very very cold....Brrrrrrr!!!!!!!!imageimage.......just thinking about lake swimmimg makes me go all goosebumpyimage..can i have a heated Tri suit?image 
  • Options
    hey where is everyone????????imageimage.....cup of tea anyone?
  • Options

YOOHOO.....Hi Lou.......Get yourself a good wetsuit that will keep you warm  image....have you got any Jaffa's?

No mishaps to report on the bike ride...even with my new shoes and cleats... they worked a treat image

• Options
    morning all...*plonks tray of builders tea and mega plate of jaffas down*.....i will have to check out the kids wetsuits Razor...maybe a lumi pink one will be nice...at least i wont get lostimage
  • Options

My right foot was killing me on my rideover the weekend - I realise it was the cleats as I had been knocked out of line - and I have managed to adjust them for tonight ride. image

• Options
    Lou...... Cheers , just what I needed, What!!! Only 6 Jaffa's you tight git. Defo see you in a pink wettie. Lol
    BWT......I had the same problem, my right foot went numb, just got new pedals and cleats so that must be the cause of it, also my inside thighs were aching so could all be down to cleatposition.