Options

I'm lovely I am

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hello and welcome, Bear.
  • Options

Awww thank you Slugsta - nice hat btw image

Right off to the gym to practice the exercises the physio showed us - got cramp in my hamstring on Monday when I attempted to do a bridge! Guess I've been doing planks too long - they just give me a bit of a disco wobble.  Will be keeping 2 feet on the floor today!  Anyone got any tips? Am not sure how long I'm meant to try and hold for....

p.s  keep having to edit my posts as the smilies are not playing??
  • Options

Well I held for a count of 20 ish - a quick count I have to say but was working on holding until I felt my back start to engage -  I assume that's the same as when you get the shakes doing the plank telling you that that's enough?

• Options
    A steely core would be a nice consolation prize me thinks!  Up early tomorrow - party time tomorrow night so out for my run first thing.  If only wearing high heels counted as doing calf raises!
  • Options
    Hey sleepy! I was in your group at bootcamp, but thankfully we're in different categories now! I'm in busy lifestyle image

How was your ball on Friday? I hope you replenished your glycogen levels after all that hard training image

I'm trying to 3 sets of planks every day, but it's my least favourite exercise. I think I need to set myself a 14 day challenge to complete 3 sets a day, building up to a minute by Christmas. Is that possible?!
  • Options

Hey Gemma - I know phew eh - isn't it horrible trying to choose? I want to vote for everyone I had a chance to chat to! (Sorry to those I didn't).

The ball was brilliant thanks - we made it just in time for dinner (thank goodness - amazing how hungry I was).  They'd done the mess up as Hogwarts - it looked brilliant.  Am looking forward to the photos now.

Good luck with your plank challenge - I don't know if it's possible in such a short time - it wouldn't be in  my world - I can only get to a count of 25 before I feel the tell tale quiver!  I'm not sure you should be doing it every day though - thought strength work was only 2 - 3 times a week or every other day??  I only really do a bit in winter so I'm no expert.

Right - it's semi-light - time to run..... image

• Options

On the 3rd day of voting Sleepy gave to thee

A bit more background 'bout me....

• I was born and raised in Yorkshire
    • I'll be 39 in February
    • I have a 1st class degree in Leisure Management (and yes mainly my own before anyone chirps up image)
    • My running heroine is a lady from my last club - she took up running at 60 and ran her first marathon at 62 (I think - maybe 63 - shouldn't ask a lady!!).  She looks fabulous, has a cheeky twinkle in her eye and has a kind word for everyone.  I want to be just like her when I grow up.
    • My running hero has to be my OH (of course).  He astounds me regularly with his perseverance and commitment.  He ran his first sub 31 10k this year and promises me he'll contemplate a marathon when he gets a 29.  But mostly I'm proud of him because even though he's so fast, everyone that meets him says how down to earth  and what a nice guy he is.  And you know what - they're right!
    • Oh yeah and I get freaked out by seeing single magpies - anyone else do that?
  • Options
    Hi there, congratulations in getting through to this stage it seems as though most of our group from boot camp made it into one category or another.

I think we should all go to Paris now, why split up such a fun bunch and without the team how will I pace myself.

Reading your forum thread comments has reminded me to work on my core.....perhaps tomorrow!
  • Options

Hey TOR - I like your thinking - and since the links aren't working and no-one can vote anyway - maybe they should just send us all! 

The only core I'll be working on today will be that of an apple!  Peace and quiet are the order of the day here - christmas party recovery session!  Should keep the mood-hoovers happy too.

• Options

Ahhhh feeling much more human now  image

Has anyone else noticed - the voting links go to a shoe review if you use firefox?  Is it my machine I wonder.  They're fine in IE. 

Is there something I need to change?

• Options
    Exciting day tomorrow - spikes are coming out to play - it's only the 3rd time I've been able to wear them as the courses are normally not suitable - yeeeehaaa - bring on the mud!
  • Options

Lesson of the day - spikes are the business but remember to tape your heels up next time!!! I reckon a bit of rubbed off skin might be better than falling on my face though so I can live with it!

Thank you to the kind man who helped me up today when I fell over a tree root covered in leaves.  He must have been a super human - I barely toughed the floor and found myself back on my feet.  What a hero!  Thank you universe for letting him be nearby at the time  image

• Options

Well folks - time's nearly up!  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this thread.  Regardless of what happens next it's been a pleasure to have taken the plunge and thrown myself into the forums.  Now I have, don't know what I was worried about before.  So that's where I'll be....

• Options
    Good luck for tomorrow sleepy bear, was just sorry I was in your voting group after meeting you in Birmingham! Hoping to see you around the forums whatever.. image
  • Options
    Likewise - you most certainly will! image