Options

Lost my running mojo

2»

Comments

• Options

Didn't quite make it yesterday ......... the day kind of took over image  However...........I've been out this morning before it gets too warm here!  It's already 20 deg.  Hills are steep about 1 in 5 so went slowly.  Managed about 3k which I'm happy to start with ...........back soon..........image

• Options

and another run this morning. 5.5 k in 23 degrees and high humidity...........feels like I'm running again......imageimage  All support greatly appreicated.........

• Options

Hi Susan

Thanks for posting what I've been thinking the last couple of days... Just got back from a fortnight's holiday, and had 2.5 weeks off before then due to shin-splints (anyone has any tips on how to best avoid them?!). Dragged myself out for a 6k run yesterday, it was hard work but felt great once I got back image

Have signed up for 1/2 marathon in October so have downloaded the RW training schedule, which I hope will help. Also considered joining local club, but a bit nervous to take the first step.

• Options

Don't know why but I didn't get an email alert to say anyone had posted, so sorry I certainly wasn't just ignoring you!

My running has AGAIN come to a halt. I find a bit of stress at work and I'm too tired to do anything in the evenings. Had started to get up at 5.30 and run, as I leave for work at 6.45 but again overwhelming tiredness and probably a dash of laziness has halted that. HAve to say though if anyone is interested in reading Mick's story then, it puts any work stress etc to shame and makes you realise that some people do run against all the odds. He is an inspiration.

Have a blooming ingrowing toe nail which is driving me crazy. Already had nails removed twice from dancing on my toes as a teenager. Running has aggrevated it, but am determined that tomorrow I will head out and do five k if nothing else image

Glad to hear  everyone's stories. Maybe we should create our own little virtual running club or blog or maybe we have just started one?? I know Cara was feeling like I was/ am. so... be interested to hear if anyone wanted to start a little support group image