Options

What do they call him/her now?

13»

Comments

• Options

I think it's downright disrespectful. image Agreed, slip-ups are likely to happen if you have known someone for years who suddenly decides to do this, but if they are still doing it two or three (or more) years later, then I think it's just rude.

• Options

I think his family use his old name with his approval, as like I said it's a non-gender specific name anyway. But saying 'she' instead of 'he' is just plain rude.

• Options

I don't know why people are making such a big fuss about this. She has taken the decision to go through with it, so just treat her as you would treat anyone else - as a person.

• Options

Having read all the way through, I personally couldn't care less what anyone does tbh and have never come across anyone who has changed gender (that I am aware off, beyond the odd person in the street that you see occasionally)

However I think I'd feel awkward about someone transitioning using the ladies loos though and definitely using the ladies changing rooms for swimming! Obviously refering male to female ....image

I didn't think Elli's views/ questions were any worse than anyone elses either.