Options

Best Running Bra For Larger Breasts :)

I am a 40FF (ish)  image and currently run in a Shock Absorber Level 4, and I thought it was a good bra, however, after watching a video of me running I can see I clearly need more support....D'oh I thought I was under control, but so not !! 

I have looked at the SA Run but they dont do it in my size....Can anyone help and advise what they are wearing, and what we larger busted ladies can do.

Thanks xx

Comments

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Freya usually comes up top in the votes for larger women.

Have you thought about doubling up - wearing a vest with support over your bra. Might be too warm though I know a lot of women do it.

Did you get fitted properly for your sports bra. i think Bravmissimo know what they're about.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I only wear Shock Absorber (30FF/32F). They're the best for comfort and support. Are you sure that you were properly fitted in the first place? I went to one 'sports' shop and they tried to fit me as a 36FF (and i'm certainly not that....)

Agreed with Camillia - head to Bravissimo - they fitted me with the best sports bras and I completely trust their opinion on any bra I need (may sound silly but experience has shown me - Bravissimo know big busts!)

• Options

I  use a shock absorber , im 38dd , they do stretch after a while and become less supportive. I run  only as far as 15 miles in a go and i do find it rubs in the front round the  band, plus if i step it up a pace it could be better, however its the best ive found so far...

• Options

I'm 34F and went to try on several styles in Bravissimo recently. After plenty of jumping up and down in the changing room I found that none were as supportive on me as the old style SA D+Max B109.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    I think the important thing is getting one that fits and supports you. My breasts like shockabsorber rather than Freya or other brands!

I was told that bras are like shoes... They should be replaced every 3-4months dependent upon wear and wash as the detergent takes the support out of them. I have 4 bras that I alternate ( long runs vs. shorter runs vs speed work etc) and its lengthened the life by about 2 months I think
  • Options

I run  only as far as 15 miles in a go and i do find it rubs in the front round the  band, plus if i step it up a pace it could be better.

http://www.avufo.info/g.gif

• Options

I am a GG and double up with the shock absorber normally and them a minimal bounce crop top on top of that - does the job

Sports bras are unfortunately a try and see sort of thing its not just the actual boobage that determines what is the best solution its al the other dimensions as well - some swear by the enell but the sizing just doesn't work for me

• Options

Thanks for the advice ladies,  I am already wearing a support top over my bra, I think I need to get measured again and do some jumping up and down in the changing rooms.  Other than that have reduction lol xx  Funnily enough I dont feel that I bounce about tha much............. but watching the video was quite shocking!  image

• Options

Im not sure the bounce matters, its if the bounce becomes painful ? I know when i wore a less than adequate bra i got terrible pains round the chest /ribs . To stop bounce totaly in a lady with say a BB upwards might be an almost impossible engineering feat? serfgdsf Chris  you have repeated some of what i said , i do not understand ? I meant if i run faster the rubbing obviously gets worse accross the sternum to be fair tho i have a pretty big scar  down my midline and i think this does not help , however its easily solved , i stuff a tissue up there...glamourous a?  lmao

• Options
    I have tried knell, freya and shock absorber but the new panache is so much better for me, individual support for each breast, comfortable straps and band. I would definitely get fitted as I thought I was 38ff but actually 32 and g or h depending on bra!
  • Options

Enell is best for me - their sizing is a bit odd and I tend to go down a size. The band can rub a little on longer runs but I use a spot of Vaseline... nice!

• Options

The Marks and Spencer ones are quite good - although they all (no matter what style or make I've tried) chaff on me and I have to use bodyglide so as not to end up with bleeding around the bands. 

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Paganthegoat wrote (see)

Im not sure the bounce matters ...

It doesn't matter at all. Honest. We really don't mind.

• Options
    MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭
    Louis-mam wrote (see)

and what we larger busted ladies can do.

Providing photos would be a good start.

• Options

im a 34 b but my missus says im only really a 36aimage