Options

Stupid places to run

Westminster to Piccadilly circus 3 days before the start of the Olympics! Tourists, tourists and more tourists and where there were not tourists there were lots of cars. The 13 minute mile was a highlight!

Comments

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    I had tha exact same thing last Friday afternoon. Embankment - Westminster - regent street.

Closely followed by this mornings route over a train crossing that went down every 3 minutes
  • Options

Down regents canal past Camden Market foodie bit (you have to come off the canal and go through it.) Tad busy

Stoooopid idea image

• Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    I'm a rural runner myself, though it's wise to stay off the lanes at harvest time. Me ...small road runner with short toenails, that..... f'cking great Massey Ferguson with sharp blades.

Normally I'm pretty sensible, but Finchley Road on a Satuday morning is hard going...likewise Upper Harrow Road into Harlesden past the old Mean Fiddler.
  • Options

Along the seafront. Although the prom is wide and there is plenty of room there's always one family that has to block the entire width. That or your bombed by skateboarding youths.

Just you wait til I've got my disability scooter!

• Options

Snowdon. Can't remember why I thought it would be a good idea to do that last weekend, but my quads got an amazing workout from the scramble down - still protesting today! image

• Options

Catalin and Emmy - I was going to do a similar route this week but decided against it. But will be doing Piccadilly - Hammersmith, probably just as crowded in some sections!

• Options

the short cut down to the other path on  the mountain last year...path dissappeared into brambles and ferns and trees and i got cut to bits...........image

• Options

Ouch Seren! image

I ran down the Miners path so had a nice flat section for the last couple of miles, but getting down the mountain with my minimalist road shoes slipping on every single loose stone wasn't an experience I want to repeat any time soon! Next time, I'm wearing something grippy image

• Options

Natinal cycle route 12

Stupid place to run on a sunny sunday

Its normaly like this

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/41/61/2416163_b0f1ad88.jpg

But on Sunday it was more like the Le tour, but with loads of families going in both directions with no idea of cycling ettiquet.

http://www.laureus.com/sites/default/files/london_champagne.jpg

Still its nice to see it being used

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Xine - I chose to come out at Temple and run up to Tower Bridge and then down the other side until Westminster. It was chocker full of tourists anyway I went. The worst bit was regents street where noone is looking where they're going.

On Saturday morning I ran my 10km with a friend of mine and as it was 9am in the morning decided to use my voice as the air horn signal. My friend couldnt stop laughing as I was saying every couple of minutes "Coming up on the right hand side, excuse me, thank you".

I'm glad that the kids are off school as I don't have to fight them for footpath space.

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Croydon at 2.45am on a Saturday morning, carrying the Real Relay baton (which looks a bit too much like a light sabre).  Character building, but thank god I had company!

• Options

Running through central London, at a good pace, anytime after 8 am?

Good luck with thatimage

There is another thread on here about people getting dissproving looks while out running. Well im sorry but running through a busy city at its busiest times is certain to get "looks" If I need to do a long run out to the center I leave it for weekends and start no later than 6:30am ( 5:30 is better) and finish back in my manor by 7-8:30am. Any more miles are easily tagged on round the local parks where there is noone around except other runners.

Dont up set the peds is my motto.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Stephen - I thought that I had already lost the plot by running head on into a group of Fetchies! image

I was just trying to find a route to Regents Park and it seemed the easiest way to go image

• Options

Oh Emmy!

Its is early early. After 9 its mayhem!

Them shoppers can be mean to an unprotected runner.