Options

Where's the Monday thread?

It's nearly ninne in the morning and i can't believe i'm starting the thread. Hello chaps and chappes's.

Comments

• Options
    Hellooooo! Well done Yllana, I've only managed it twice in four months, so that's good going!

Have just had my little moan over on 'General' (grrrr, you can tell it's Monday morning)

Hope you're all well? I am a little teensy bit chilly, but I am not complaining as it is much much easier to plod in. Which I will be doing tonight.

Squeak soon all :0)
  • Options
    No plodding for me today...did my long run yesterday in preparation for GNR..
    The great adventure today is buying a RAT cage..My son is rescuing two rats who are going to be put to sleep if no-one wants them...so being the softy that i am i've agreed to 2 new additions to the family..
    they're real cute really
  • Options
    Morning,

nice weekend all? Have been resting all weekend (as specfied in training log) and the seized leg is now mobile enough for me not to have to actually lift it into the car. (Hubster nearly wet himself laughing at my oos and ouchs). can't decide if to plod at lunchtime, or wait till this evening and get Mother Huff Puff out to work off her Devon ice creams and cream teas. Suppose I could do both but....

Anyway, have decided to be good and only catch up every few hours as opposed to every five mins today. Must work...
  • Options
    when did you change your name S-plod-ge?
  • Options
    hi

thanks for starting

I'm on course all week (thanks for good wishes) so get used to lack of 6 am postings

unless I find an internet cafe in Hebden Bridge (!)

Fave Russian book is Bulgarkov Master and Margharita (yesterday's thread) and fave books at the mo are Unless by Carol Shields and Uncle Rudolf by Paul Bailey

best go - packing frenzy - and got to get nails resprayed before going north

got to share chores and all sorts - with a group of strangers - and am rubbish at groups - always annoy everyone by cracking too many jokes (no, really), that's apart from having work torn to shreds fears

hey ho

no plodding now, but hoping for 3 Northern plods while away

love to all
  • Options
    I'm with Puff today, I am going to have to get on with some serious work today. Well, semi-serious anyway.

GNR - did you see the insert in Runners' World this month? Inside there's a pic of a blonde woman in pink dress running? She is a friend's daughter. She had a kidney transplant and then took up running. She's done countless marathons and also takes part in the World transplant games(?). An inspiration. She lived a few doors down from me a few years' ago and I remember watching her go off on her runs each day, thinking 'I would really love to be able to do that'....

... Oh, and she's got horses too!!!!

(sorry FLR - although FLR is on course today.... Creative Writing)

Off to work now

Later :0)
  • Options
    yllana..
    I didn't..don't get to the forum very often ...sorry if you mistook me for someone else
  • Options
    Sorry. Hello don't think weve met. Hi.
  • Options
    hey

don't think i didn't hear the horses being mentioned....
  • Options
    Still waiting for RW to drop through letter box. That'll be nice. Something else to do as I groan about the tiger from hell (sorry, back to my cross stitch.)

Hey, Het - Guess what? You do. How cool how are you? How cool are we all?

GNR - Are any of you doing it? If so., please wave a banner or something so I can spot you on the telly (assuming i get to watch it - morrocan marathon men got turned off in favour of motor racing. Grumble, men, grumble)
  • Options
    Hi...
    I'm a bit of a watcher...Hmmm don't mean that in the perverted sort of way...but i can rarely think of anything i think would be interesting to others so i just sit and watch...I bet there's hundreds of them out there...
  • Options
    Well Im up and posting on a Monday thread fr the first time... Not that this is the first time Ive posted!

Anyhow, little chilly at the moment but have a full day of planned events. Sanding, gardening, keeping kids amuzed, getting wifes bike gears repaired and putting a lock on her summer house.

As for the R bit, don't do it on Mondays (rest day), besides this week is taper for next Sunday Thanet Coastal Marathon, so only doing Tuesday night with Orpington RR (joining the medium group for a gentle run), and Thursday morning with my coach for a final technique session. Then Friday its off for a weekend by the coast (to aclimitise... ok to spend the weekend with the outlaws!), Then Sunday...

Have a nice day at work one and all.
  • Options
    Hi all.

Was just going to lurk, but saw mention of the Orpington RR by Ashley there.
    I live in Orpington and was wondering about joining them. Do you cope with beginners Ashley. Been running about 5 months, run 2 10k's (with the Richmond Nike 10k on Sunday being my 3rd). Do about 9-10 min. miles in my training runs with my longest runs at about an hour at the moment.
    Send me an e-mail if you want rather than spamming here, but any info, on what the club is like would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    Think you should go straight to the intermediate class, Mark. 9-10 min miles...

Have you posted your FLM entry form yet?

Out of interest, say you got a place this time but something happened, what reasons are you allowed to defer your entry for?
  • Options
    Morning all

Feeling much better after yesterday's disaster. Though have to get some work done today and have already had to speak to pedant-from-hell IT man and have a meeting with new big boss tomorrow, so the week is shaping up nicely.....

Did six miles this morning. Slow but I felt quite strong and managed to run up the hills better than I have in ages. So perhaps the rest has done me good.

Fave Russians are the predictable ones - Tolstoy and Dostoyevski, War & Peace and The Brothers Karamazov being the fave books (honest). Reading Lord of the Rings at the moment (OK, so only because of the films), then it's back to the classics - Great Expectations probably.
  • Options
    Morning buddies
    Gotta behave on here now that the B/F has tracked me down.
    Trying to recover from a very very hard weekend, saturday was very strange. Watched Wales win in the rugby at the millenium stadium and then went to the cardiff Mardi Gras.

Will try a plod/hobble this evening.....
  • Options
    Poor melsie,

Take it easy honey. Have some milkshake on standby for when you get home (chocolate or strawbelly flavour - yum, yum). and don't go too far and don't hurt yourself even more.
  • Options
    Puff - Thanks bud. Still the leg appeared to survive my dancing antics at the weekend.
  • Options
    Were you head banging to Bon Jovi?
  • Options
    Hello,

Had a mad weekend with no plodding. Went out for a "couple of drinks" on Friday and ended up getting to bed at 5. Then had a hen night on Saturday which was the longest night of my life as I felt so rough. Was going to plod yesterday but saw sense. Will plod later and am hoping that two days of "rest" will mean I am full of energy!

Am also planning to do lots of work today ...
  • Options
    Hey - two men on the thread! Quick, lock the doors so they don't escape ;0)

Hope you're both well, Ashley and Mark.
  • Options
    That's it I'm out of here!
  • Options
    Hello, staggering. Did you tie the boy's bike up to make him sweat this weekend?
  • Options
    Morning all,

Just staggered into work after week off (of the not very relaxing kind) and feeling kind of ropey! Made it out for one short plod last week so planning a nice trip out tonight - I've been desparate to plod but just haven't had the time. Did, however, manage to find a flat and meet up with old friends and grandma which were the essentials for the week - shame the flat hunt took so bl**dy long though - man theres some real sh*ite out there! Still on for the Brighton 10k though! Will send off my application this week.

Also found the Jog Shop in Brighton on my travels - but didn't go in as these things get expensive. But maybe later!

FLR like the toes!

Good to be back, missed you guys!

Pink :)
  • Options
    Staggering! - Come back! Het made the same mistake as me, please forgive her!
  • Options
    Morning Pink,

Read you in this months issue of RW! Glad you found a flat. Get posting for Brighton 10K, sound like its filling up fast, and it would be a shame if you missed it since you live there.
  • Options
    I think I need a new type face, or to make more scratching and grunting noises :-)