Options

Team GB running kit

Comments

• Options

I agree with Bernard Hinault, When he says "he sweated blood to win a yellow jersey, and now any fat man on a bike can wear one "

You earn the right to wear the kit.....

• Options

I really dont see the difference between wearing an olympic running vest or wearing a shirt of your favorite football team or even your favorite music band.

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Paul Williams 84 wrote (see)

I really dont see the difference between wearing an olympic running vest or wearing a shirt of your favorite football team or even your favorite music band.

DtES has hit the nail on the head.

• Options

I wouldn't dream of wearing a wendy ball shirt, I'd rather wear a pink frilly dress than be associated with a bunch of over paid poofs

• Options

In a mad drunken moment, we bought a Team GB hoody each online! Must say they are really comfortable and well worth the money (at 30% off) but in the cold light of day I'm not sure I could wear it outside. Best for lounging round the house once it starts getting cold.

John Lewis in Kingston seemed to have a selection of running kit on the racks but I wasn't paying that much attention. Worth a look on their website maybe?

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

I wouldn't dream of wearing a wendy ball shirt, I'd rather wear a pink frilly dress than be associated with a bunch of over paid poofs

Get off the fence and say what you really mean, for god's sake!

• Options
    I like the running tops image

Am I pretending I run for Team GB... No. It's just showing my support. Seems to be sold out just about everywhere, so now going for silly prices on eBay.
  • Options

In which case either Adidas have missed a trick here (or for their minds £££)  or there are factories in far off lands that will be beginning to hum with activity.....

• Options

Anyone know where you can buy the zip up tops the Russian competitors all walk out with on? Not their actual running tops or whatever but the zip ups they all have. The Russian swimmers all had them on when they were being introuduced to the crowd.

l want one to wear to the pub, not to train in. image

• Options
    I like them. As team gbr stuff has all sold out now I might see if I can get hold of some other nations colours. French cycling top maybe.
  • Options

I live not far away from the velodrome in Manchester so when I see people cycling past very quickly of a morning, I think I probably really am seeing GB cyclists!

I want a GB running top as well - not the vest but the t shirt they wear over the vest to keep them warm between events/heats/whatever.

• Options
    MalakiteMalakite ✭✭✭

I agree, I think it is DISGUSTING people who buy tops like these just to sell on as a profit instead of letting 'real' fans buy them and use them properly.  I expect 95% of the people selling these don't even work out image

It's the same as ticket touts - not real fans and stop the real fans from enjoy their beloved sports image

• Options

I want one of the Canada zip ups..cool!

Not sure about GB vests, can't see myself wearing one...............not at 40 image

• Options

Paul Willaims hit the nail on the head on previous page re quote about there being no difference between wearing aTeam GB Kit and wearing either a replica football shirt or band t-shirt.

• Options
    I wore my GB cycling top yesterday with pride. It does turn heads and what's the problem with that. What pleases me is that so many newbies are out there running and wobbling about; inspired by the games for sure.
  • Options

psc: Good for you mate.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Actually, fcuk it.  I might get a replica GB cycling top, and just to up the "Is he or isn''t he?" factor, grow my Wiggo sideburns and shave my legs. 

Spray my whole bike matt black, job's a good'un.

• Options

OH just called from the 10k swiming event at Hyde Park and apparently they have loads of kit for sale. So hopefully I'll be getting a running top! Still not sure if I'll wear it out but hopefully I'll have the choice. Or sell it on ebay!! (Just kidding - I'll let you GB fans bid first).

• Options

So are you all saying e-bay is the first port of call for any nations kit? Including the natty natty style Russian zip ups? image

• Options

Surely liking the kit is justification enough for buying the kit. Most people tend to buy clothes they like. All these arguments saying you need to earn the kit are nonsense. You need to earn money in order to buy the kit in order to support your nation and future athletes.

• Options

Oh dear! Another call from OH - she's bought a cycling top by mistake - I don't have a bike! And it was £65!!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Peter- cant you get her to go back and get you the running top?

• Options
    Peter, you'll have to buy a bike now image
  • Options
    Sick it on ebay peter, apparently you can make a killing selling kit to fat gb wannabees who dont deserve to wear itimage
  • Options

I feel very smug that I bought my GB running vest a couple of months ago. I've already used it in two 10k road races. I ran the York Jane Tomlinson 10k in it this Sunday gone and got lots of shouts of "Go team GB" It was fricking ace. I was seriously considering claiming to be Greg Rutherford image

• Options

There are still quite a few sets of GB wristbands going on ebay - mine arrived this morning and they look great!  A good way to support Team GB, without appearing to have delusions of grandeur.image

Scottchya wrote (see)

I feel very smug that I bought my GB running vest a couple of months ago. I've already used it in two 10k road races. I ran the York Jane Tomlinson 10k in it this Sunday gone and got lots of shouts of "Go team GB" It was fricking ace. I was seriously considering claiming to be Greg Rutherford image

Hah!  Round here, you're far more likely to get comments of 'you're 'aving a laugh, mate'.image

• Options
    John Lewis in Chester have loads of wrist bands and head bands
  • Options
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

I agree with Bernard Hinault, When he says "he sweated blood to win a yellow jersey, and now any fat man on a bike can wear one "

You earn the right to wear the kit.....

So no one can wear a yellow shirt when they go on a bicycle? Madness. If Hinault wore nothing at all when he was riding, we'd still remember he was an oustanding cyclist who sweated buckets to achieve something. The kit he wore, or that anyone else wore, has no meaning when it comes down to it. Live and let live is hackneyed but worth living by.

• Options

how is it any different to the millions of people who wear their fav ootball club shirts? ive never once looked at someone kicking a ball about down the park and thought "oh wow, that must be david beckham" "he must be a liverpool player" etc etc.

Ive owned every mcaren shirt since my 1st visit to the british GP in 1987, i certainly dont wear it thinking i'm ayrton senna/lewis hamilton etc, and nobody ever thinks otherwise, it's just a top people wear to show the teams they support, 

I could see an argument against wearing it in a competitive race when club colours are generally worn, i have a friend who rides in a UCI rainbow cycle jersey because he likes the top and was a huge fan of the rider who's name it bares, he doesnt and would never consider wearing it in a road race,

but as a casual top/training tops? why is that an issue? it's just not.

• Options

Well said Marc. I agree 100%