Options

oh bugger, another fat newbie.....

1353637383941»

Comments

• Options

Sgt Lad - I've read this blog over the years and found it very entertaining and interesting. If I recall there are more than one failed races or abandonments/ no shows. Of course it's hard and that isn't a reason to quit, but if you have not succeeded or put in the required training for the events over all these years, then the question deserves to be seriously considered.

Mallow puff - no need for offensive childish comments.

• Options

I remember your views on shitting in the woods oaln4n are you offering holier than thou advice again, tsh tsh!

• Options
    SgtLardSgtLard ✭✭✭
    Sorry.

Bear with a sore head. Because of a sore neck

Feelis like everyone is against me eveb trying and I dont take kindly to being told no.

Lets see

Finished first injured

Dnf second

Dns third

Finshed fourth

Dnf fith

And couldnt have taken longer to that badly if i tried

Real lesson is to have the supportnof others or or cchnage the others or not try

Would have been done and dusted if it was present. Compromise is everything, but everything is compromised.

Ill go back to licking my wounds for now.
  • Options

Come on oaln4n..... we need a comedy element round here, so we need LardyBoy.

Stop licking you wounds, it's unhealthy, you could be spending the time on the turbo 

( and we have been supportive, the fact you didn't grasp what people have been telling you doesn't mean we weren't supporting you ) 

• Options

Sgt Lard - I would rather hear that you were going to buckle down with the training and come back stronger when you have recovered from your injuries. But if you can't for whatever reason, then it's not being defeatest changing sport (or distance), it's being realistic. 

Efing Madness - I'm glad that I am memorable to you but i dont remember you, Hwever the question was to Sgt Lard. And it was a serious question  - from his blog he doesn't appear to have the support of his partner, good health or time/enthusiasm/oportunity to put in the training hours - so perhaps it deserved serious consideration. 

• Options
    SgtLardSgtLard ✭✭✭
    Just waiting for the ok from thendoc tonstart training again. And i know

The support (lack theoreof) is far to close to home

Sadly, it wouldnt matter if yhis was how i made a living their would still be an objection. Cant fight uphill on all fronts

See the speciaist on the 8th , training before sundown hopefully.
  • Options
    My comments weren't childish, but if they were, you started it.

I'll get my coat. But frankly, you deserved it. Yeah, Lardy needs to work harder, we all know that. Your comments weren't banter or realistic advice, they where just shit and pointless considering the cause of the dnf.
  • Options

Mallow puff - the point of the question was either train harder or find another sport. I would say that was pretty good advice. I'd like to see Sgt Lard finish an ironman, but realistically this thread will still be going in a few years time.

• Options

He needs to train properly not harder. 

• Options
    I'd agree with Dave there
  • Options
    Simo429Simo429 ✭✭✭
    I think he needs a dose of realism which reading through the thread people have said for.years, why where you training at 18- 19 mph on the bike in training when you didn't hold that at staffs?

If it was me I'd look into getting a coach so you have someone you are accountable to.

I'd aim for one 70.3 next season a couple of sprints and an oly or 2 and complete everyone and then go back.to irondistace the season after.

I'm positive you can do it but you need some smaller goals and to give it more time rather than just wanting to jump into the iron distance.
  • Options
    Mallowpuff wrote (see)
    I'd agree with Dave there

People have been giving him that advice for years though - a couple of hours on a turbo isn't going to get him through an Ironman. And if/when he continues not to heed this advice there comes a point when it would be right to call it a day and find another sport that he can do. 

• Options

But the enduring humour is the fact LardyBoy can get advice from allsorts of people ( many far more imminent than me ) and still think that an hour on the turbo is enough.

All the hours I spent training for the Lakesman I kept wondering if I could get away with doing the LardyBoy training plan.... Fortunately my OH understands that I'm more likely to die if I attempt an IM without proper training.