Options

Thursday 4th Sept

Morning all.

Very early fresh start for me, 5.30am, and it was dead quiet.

What: am: 9 miles, 6 laps of route near home, 2 laps = 3 miles. pm: Hills

Lap 1: 10:54
Lap 2: 10:25
Lap 3: 10:45
Lap 4: 10:47
Lap 5: 10:53
Lap 6: 9:58 Felt strong

Why: Missed yesterday and hills are thursdays sesion.

Last Hard: Tuesday

Last Rest: Yesterday

Well Done yesterday BR, top stuff again.

Bed time!!!

Comments

• Options
    Morning all,

What; am, 4M easy done, pm 8M steady.
    Why: race on Saturday

Last hard: Tue
    Last rest: 13 days
  • Options
    Morning

What: 2.5 miles easy am, club run pm which we want to make hardish.

Why: tapering

Last hard: race last night

Last rest: Tuesday.
  • Options
    morning

what : gentle swim and stretching exercises only today
    why : legs tired
    last hard : yesterday
    last rest : monday
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Another superb performance BR. You can tell you aren't a woman we'd be ready to go and spend the money today!

What: 10 miles with 5 at tempo
    Why:legs only have slight aches now so if I can run ok today then I'll seriously think about doing Bristol.
    Last hard:Sunday
    Last rest:yesterday
  • Options
    Morning all.

What: Stretching
    Why: Ache all over
    NextPlod: Friday
  • Options
    At last my knee is recovering. Hard run last night and sprinted in without a single twinge. Still not racing on Sunday though, better safe than sorry.
    What-swim if the pool is open.
    Why-Low mileage this week, start building it up again from Monday.
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

Well done on last nights run BR.

What: am 6 mile easy run, pm 15 miles cycling
    Why: scheduled
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: Friday
  • Options
    Hi all. Well done BR!

What: rest day, possibly a gentle swim tonight.
    Why: ran and did yoga yesterday and the yoga class nearly killed me.
    Last hard: yesterday.
    Last rest: Monday

The weather's beautiful here in London this morning so if you're out running, enjoy!!
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: 9 miles jog done, cross-trainer at lunchtime and another jog tonight.

Why: Weight loss and aerobic base building

Last rest: 11 days
  • Options
    Morning All

well done BR

what: 5 miles run steady
    why : tapering for race on sunday aiming for pb

have a good day everybody
  • Options

What - swim
    Why - shins still killing me
    Last hard - Sunday
    Last easy - all this week.

hoping that if rest till sunday from running that my shins will hold up on the half on sunday!
    Fingers crossed
  • Options
    Morning,

What: club night tonight. Not sure what the session is, but will be taking it easy.
    Why: 1/2 marathon on Sunday
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last easy: yesterday
  • Options
    Morning all.

Ran out of time yesterday so didn't have time to complete the planned session, so swapped sessions with today. Yesterday 40 Minute Hill session on the treadmill @ 8%.

Today what: 9 Miles steady at 8 Minute Miling
    Why: Because I didn't do it yesterday and it says so on the schedule.

Last Rest: Friday
    Last Hard: Tuesday's Speed Session
    Last Long: Sunday

Looking forward to racing the Nike 10k on Sunday.
  • Options
    Hello all,

Well done BR! (I dont know where you post your race report but from the other posts it sounds like you did well)

What: Rest
    Why: hamstring still tight, went 6.5 miles yesterday but it didn't seem to ease the stiffness.
    Last hard: a week ago!
    Last rest: Tuesday

Have fun out there...
  • Options
    afternoon all

well done BR - glad to see the purple patch continues, but you should be barred from club handicaps!

what : maybe 5 mile @ 70% whr, or maybe nothing coz my throats feels a bit swollen...and...and.. and... WIMP get out there
    why : aerobic basebuilding
    last hard : tues?
    last rest : weds
  • Options
    Lovely and sunny here today, but blowing a hooley.

What: 5 x 100m reps in the pool, then physio - ran there and back. Longer run later.
    Why: Frantic attempt to arrest rapid loss of fitness
    Last hard: 8.75 mile tempo run last night. Despite feeling very down about my running at the moment, did the circuit in the fastest-ever time. As Laura said yesterday, there's no rhyme or reason to this running lark.

Then went hillwalking in the evening (doesn't get dark until about 9.30 here). Now that HURT!
    LAst rest: Monday

Well done BR. Nah, it's not just a male thing not spending vouchers - I once carried £50 worth of M&S vouchers round in my purse for a year! I'm just not an M&S sort of girl ....
  • Options
    Afternoon all

What: 7 miles steady
    Why: 24 days to 1st marathon
    Last rest: yesterday

Really feeling the benefit of the weekly long runs now. They make the shorter mid-week runs so much more comfortable.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi all, first day back at work for me today after 6 weeks off-a bit of a shock to the system, but back to the real world!

Did my 10 miles as planned after work and although legs are much better than they were, there is still some soreness especially going downhill. Therefore I didn't push as hard as I would have liked, but still a good pace. Will rest again tomorrow and then see what they feel like.

• Options
    Hello all.

Did 6x800m reps with 1.30 intervals. Went really well. It's the first time I have done 2 speed sessions in a week in ages.

Come to think of it, it's the first time I've done any speed sessions in a week at all!
  • Options
    Good going FS.

• Options
    Cheers Tim. Thought I had lost it as I have just been going out and running according to how I feel, so I am pleased to get some structure back into my training.

• Options
    This morning's quote was Juma Ikangaa from Tanzania.
  • Options
    What: Gym for upper body workout
    Why: planned

Just realised I have only 3 meaningful weekends to fit in longer runs for the half I am running on Oct 5th. Better get that mileage up methinks - kinda lost sight of the training schedule!

:o)

g'night
  • Options
    wish we could edit messages... just to add not that I have not been training, just been sticking to 4 - 6 miles on each session for about 3 weeks now.

A.
  • Options
    2nd 9 mile jog done.

One day I will do speed-work again (probably next year) and my training posts will hopefully become slightly more interesting.

Night all
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    TT-you're doing grand!
  • Options
    Club session turned out to be a 5m time trial tonight - not really what I wanted three days before a 1/2 marathon. Took it easy and finished in 35:04. First 2m took 14:20, which means I did the last 3 a bit faster than I'd planned - I wasn't aiming to go over 7min/miles. Felt ok at the end though, and I have two rest days to recover now.

This is it now, the training's done, it just comes down to doing it on the day. Scary.
  • Options
    Evenin all,

what: got a bit lost on my run but worth it (saw deers, rabbit, the sunset but had to go thru fields with cows, sheep...). 2 hours run so hopefully about 10 miles

Nite all .
  • Options
    TT, your iron discipline is amazing. You're clocking 18 miles a day! I'd get bored and start doing speedwork, races, running with training partners to beat them etc.

Club run tonight was just the job - 9 miles @ 6:30 pace. I felt I could fly.

I'm going to grind my teeth for the next 10 days with no fast running or long runs for tapering.

Usually by this stage of marathon training I slump in a heap having clung on to the semblance of a training programme. Now I just want to go and blast all the time.

Any last fast runs I should do between now and a week on Sunday? Please!

Mind you I've not done the mileage I've had for previous marathons so we could be heading for trouble.

Hilly - good to see you back running again. Forget about the last few days and you'll find it benefits you overall in a week or so.