Options

Is this time ok?

I ran 13 miles last night in 1hour 57 mins is this any good? I really have no ideas about times etc so don't laugh if this is slow! Am training for the GNR only problem is I have problems with my feet onset of Morten's Neuroma (so I've been told my podiatrist)so by the end of it it's like running on razors...but I'll persist! Just trying to improve my time now so would appreciate any advice.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    yes yes yes

I am problem free and run 2.10 ish

• Options
    Erm, I'm running my 12th (or 13th, can't remember) half on Sunday and I'm hoping to do 2:15 or better, so 1:57 is pretty good in my book.

Getting clear road to run on in the GNR may be a problem though - it's apparently one of the busiest races of the lot.
  • Options
    Thats what I've heard too, apparently it can take over half hour to get over the start line..especially when your at the back like me! Looking forward to it though atmosphere should be great!
  • Options
    Good running Kate! The Morton's Neuroma thing can be a real pain - I've had it occasionally. Boots sell foam pads for the ball of your foot which sort of loop around your first toe, and they're a big help. Good luck at GNR.
  • Options
    Thanks T&T man! I know its so frustrating isn't it because it always starts after about 6 miles first in the right foot then in the left and by 13 miles its excrutiating..wouldn't mind but in myself I feel fine and know I could go on a lot further but the pain from my stupid feet is holding me back! apparently it's because I'm flat footed ...it can be solved with a lot of ongoing treatment then orthotics (think thats how you spell it!) but for now I just have to run through the pain. I have tried the pads thanks but they don't seem to help much though ..think I'm a lost cause! Well I hope to find a cure as year after next would love to attempt the marathon but at the moment it wouldn't be possible. Oh well I'll stop feeling sorry for myself now...there are a lot more worse off!
  • Options
    I'm running my first half marathon in October kateS, that's roughly about the same as your 13 miles. If I can get under 2 hours I'll be well chuffed.

Good running!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    It depends on what each of us thinks is good as good for one person may not be good for another.

Nobody on here laughs at anyone who is slow, afterall speed is relative!

Good luck in the GNR, you should run quicker than 1.57 as most people run faster in a race than a training run. Aim for 1.50/1.52 if you can get a clear run!
  • Options
    Hi KateS., reading your postings is making me wonder if I am suffering from Morten's Neuroma, my pain is more between the big toe and the one next to it. Its just started up recently (last couple of weeks) and usually only occurs when running on roads after about 6/7 miles. Very painful as time goes on, any helpful hints on pain reduction appreciated, I am running a marathon in October, but may end up walking some it to ease the pain a bit.
  • Options
    That is quite an achievment. Take a look at the results from a typical half on the web and you'll see you're respectably placed.

Well done!!