Have a good one

Comments

• Options
    B**ger,

Last word should be 'mind'

And the quote is from.....
  • Options
    Morning,

What: steady 11k done, first enjoyable run in weeks, planning a swim in the afternoon.

Why: why not?
    Last rest: yesterday
    Next hard: monday long

The quote: no idea
  • Options
    Hi everyone

What: 5k still to come - waiting for legs to wake up
    Last rest: Thursday and Friday (have been very sore for some reason)
    Next hard: Next Wednesday
    Next long: 11k tomorrow!

Have no idea about the quote :-(

Have fun!
  • Options
    Paavo Nurmi. Yesterday was Bob Dylan `Sign on the Window'.

Morning

What - got to get out for a little run today - can't go 2 days without running.

Why - tapering.

Last hard - Weds

Last rest - Friday.
  • Options
    sorry 2T, no clue

morning all - wet here this morning

what: mixed-age relay race as part of Matthew's school X-C pre-season training - probably about 1½ - 2 miles. Then (weather permitting) - cricket - Caldy 2nd XI away at Formby.

why: parents were invited to run & want to encourage Matt as much as possible.

last hard day: MT race last night
    last rest day: Thu

will be interesting to find out how my legs feel.....
  • Options
    Well done BR - too easy eh?

Yes Paavo Nurmi, the man two did manage the 1500m / 5000m double in Paris (along with the cross-country race and the team 3000m).
    It is rumoured that he was so angry not to be selected for the 10,000m that he ran a time trial on the day of the final in 29:45 (first time anyone ever broke 30 mins). Probably not true, but I’d like to think it was...
  • Options
    Morning All

What: 3 miles easy
    Why : Tapering for 10k race tomorrow

have a good day everybody for all those racing

• Options
    No running today

Why: resting body for long run tomorrow

Good luck to all those racing this weekend
  • Options
    Off to Hampshire in a little while for a BBQ...

.....While I'm there I'm racing a hilly 5M, followed I hope by my long run in Widsor Great Park tommorrow morning.

Have a great weekend!

Last Hard: Tue
    Last Rest: 15 days
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: nothing
    Why: My run yesterday did nothing to ease the stiffness in my hamstring, so im resigned to a weekend of RICE. booo.
    Last Hard: last Tuesday!!
    Last Rest: Thursday

have fun everyone!!
  • Options
    morning all.

not much for me today as bit of a thick head from last night.

did 6.5m last night before pub so will rest today and get a 10 miler in tomorrow as part of marathon training.
  • Options
    Morning,

What: Nothing
    Why: Resting up for Lancaster 1/2 marathon tomorrow
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last easy: Yesterday

Had to remind myself to have a lie-in this morning, so used to running first thing on a Saturday.

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Hi Peeps,

nothing for me today. Hurt my back... hoovering. Owch!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

Happy running!
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

What: 11 miles @ mp
    Why: scheduled
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: Friday

Was meant to do 16 miles but both legs quite sore so decided discretion was the better part of valour and stopped short. Might cycle this afternoon to make up the shortfall.
  • Options
    ATTENTION AARDVARK!!!!

Sorry to butt in on this thread, but are you South African by any chance? If you are, please email me...

Thank you!
    Colleen
  • Options
    'Fraid not ColleenB, can't help you there!
  • Options
    STILL got a virus.
    Resting heart rate >20 beats over normal this morning, so another enforced rest day, I'm afraid.
    Husband has explained that the virus won't go away any quicker if I shout at it, but it's SO frurstrating when I want to be out there training...

• Options
    10 mile very easy jog done.

Both runs done a bit earlier today, to allow a longer recovery before tomorrow's long run.

For the rest of the day I shall be mainly....watching football. AFC Wimbledon in the FA Vase, followed by England on the telly. Then had better take Mrs TT out for a meal (pasta loading) to make up for it.

Good luck to anyone racing tomorrow and for those who should be taking it easy (LynneW and BR) make sure you do. :o)
  • Options
    Morning all.

Today is theoretically my last long run, with three weeks before Loch Ness, but I'm still on the comeback trail. So the distance will depend on how I feel, probably in a multiple of 5.5 mile laps, and in the best-case scenario, it'll be 22 miles. I dunno. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to the racers, and a thoroughly pleasant weekend to all.
  • Options
    15M hilly run through woods today at something like mp. Hard work but felt good. Ran with the club and then extra with a club-mate who i've recently talked into running Dublin Marathon with me. Feel back into the training groove now after my week+ away. Intend to run Dublin to enjoy it as I haven't done enough training to entertain a possible pb due to holidays over the summer - life can be hard at times!

Colly M - I'm impressed with your sensibleness in cutting back your long run, something I can learn from.

LynneW - Get well soon!
  • Options
    Llama Man, its not easy is it. But I just try and remember that its better to get to the start line under prepared than injured.
  • Options
    What : Nothing, restlegs.
    Why: Training program says so
    Next R*n: Tomorrow, 30 mins treadmill, 1%incline.
  • Options
    Hi folks!

Aw Spud, you should watch out --hoovering's nasty business.

What: about 8-9 miles around the Charles river basin. Gorgeous morning, for once the humidity down to a reasonable level. Previous runs I had been unsure whether to drink the air or breathe it.

Lots of runners out, so I am ever reminded how slow I am, but I'm getting used to it.

Home on Thursday, so only a few more runs here.
  • Options
    Evening all.

Good session Llama Man, wish you luck for Dublin.

What: Hill reps x 11, done one more than normal, wanted 12 reps but two huge dogs were on there way up the hill as I was recovering from rep 11, and thought better of it!!!

Session went:

Run to hill

Hill 1 = 27.3 secs HR max 162bpm
    Recovery 48.1 secs
    Hill 2 = 29.3 secs HR max 178bpm
    Recovery 48.8 secs
    Hill 3 = 29.7 secs HR max 174 bpm
    Recovery 50.2 secs
    Hill 4 = 28.7 secs HR max 177 bpm
    Recovery 52.5 secs
    Hill 5 = 28.8 secs HR max 173 bpm
    Recovery 51.8 secs
    Hill 6 = 29.3 secs HR max 174 bpm
    Recovery 52.1 secs
    Hill 7 = 30.4 secs HR max 174 bpm
    Recovery 51.8 secs
    Hill 8 = 29.0 secs HR max 176 bpm
    Recovery 49.7 secs
    Hill 9 = 29.6 secs HR max 177 bpm
    Recovery 52.7 secs
    Hill 10 28.1 secs HR max 177 bpm
    Recovery 54.5 secs
    Hill 11 29.9 secs HR max 176 bpm
    Recovery 56.9

Run Home

Total distance is about 5 miles, pleased with todays session, HR were lower than previous sessions.

Why: Session im trying to improve on

Last Hard: Today + Tues

Last Rest: Wednesday

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Speedie - Good session for you too by the sounds of it. Also a very good decision to stick to 11 reps given the reason!
  • Options
    What: Watch England (very poor) & Wales (good first half - think Italy will edge it)
    Why: Football :o)

Tomorrow hit the hills (a novelty for me as I live in Coventry = flat). Today planned rest. hopefully not too hungover - already been at pub this avo for England, Wales at home then back 2 pub...

Take it easy all

Andy
  • Options
    Am home.

Had a lovely holiday.

Didn't run. Had a nice relaxing time - didn't run because t'would have been like suicide really - traffic was horrendous and Italian drivers are nutty!!! Absolutely nuts!

Bad news is: Dad had a heart attack whilst I was away and is just home from hospital. Feel a bit bad about it but still, nothing I could do really - he's okay just a bit shell shocked 'cause he's always been fit & healthy.

So gym tomorrow and then walk with doggie and Dad tomorrow afternoon. See you all Monday. Hope everyone is okay.

Cath
  • Options
    Hugs cath

YOU know an MI isnt the end of the world
    But youll make sure he gets the orrect followup
    xx
  • Options
    Ruth - s'alright he's fine. Not seen any paperwork but as far as I can decipher it was a minor cardiac event and although he has sustained some damage he should make a reasonable recovery. He's already said he isn't going back to work - he doesn't think it's worth it, he's 64 now so for 7 months it's hardly worth the hassle. Changed his view of what he's capabilities are though which is a bit hard on him I think cause at times I think he still think s he's 25!
  • Options
    evening

what: 60 mile cycle at 140 hr
    why: meant to do 80-100 but didn't get my @rse in gear, went out too late and it went dark

have a good one tomorrow