Options

Sick - and 1/2M next week

Guys,
I was down with a flu all weekend and still not feeling 100% today - I am doing a 1/2M next Sunday and have so far followed my program with no slacking off (except for skipping the weekend run). Did a 10k race last week in 48:38. Shall I just take it easy this week to try to recover or shall I still try to get a couple of easy runs in?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Kasia, I would take it easy this week and maybe do a short easy run on Thursday to make sure you are fully recovered for your half. Better to be well rested and you have done the training so good luck.
  • Options
    Yes, Kasia. I'm with Jane on this one. Take the time off. You've done the hard work and resting now will make sure that you make the start line. It would be a shame to miss the race because you tried to run when you weren't fit.
  • Options
    Thanks Jane and DSpice, I will follow your advice and take it easy... this is my first 1/2M so I want to do well :)
  • Options
    Kasia, I'm in the same position. Half marathon on Sunday and at the moment all the running I can do is short intervals to the loo!

The only thing to do is be patient and see it off. Shouldn't lose too much fitness by resting, but running now could really blow it!

Its not the sort of advice I'm very good at taking, but I'll be doing my best.

Good luck on Sunday

John