Options

Tuesday 9th September

Morning

What: am, 5M easy done, pm 6x5min, 2min rec.

Why: hard marathon training week
Last hard: Sat & Sun
Last rest: 18 days

Enjoy the day.

Comments

• Options
    Morning all,

What: 9 mile jog done, cross-trainer at lunchtime and another jog tonight.

Why: Weight loss and aerobic base building
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: 16 days

Have a good one
  • Options
    hi

what - 5m with 1min intervals in the middle of it
    why - prep for sundays race
    last hard - thurs
    last rest - sat
  • Options
    Morning

What: 15 mile at steady pace
    why: Building mileage

have a good day everybody
  • Options
    Hi all.

What: 30 mins along the canal at lunchtime, probably a bit faster than yesterday.

Why: Can't fit in a run at any other time today.

Last hard: well, yesterday was supposed to be an 'easy' run but it felt pretty awful!

Last rest: sunday
  • Options
    Peeps!

what: 6M easy. Tapering for New Forest on the 21st.

Happy running!
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Feeling guilty as decided to skip last night's run. Legs felt a bit sore after Sunday's 10K so I opted for a rest day. Now have to try to cram in a run before I go out with a friend tonight.

What: Probably only about 2.5 miles easy due to time constraints.
    Why: Didn't run last night so need to do something today, if only to assauge my guilt!
    Last hard: 10K race Sunday.
    Last rest: Yesterday.

Have a good day folks!
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    40min recovery run last night, getting legs back together after Sundays 10m race. Tonight is club night and last 2.1m time trial, it's my last chance to break 14min, have been improving v slowly but will give it all tonight

Last Hard - Sun
    Last Rest - Fri
  • Options
    Morning All

What: 1M jog, then 15 x 200m fast, with 100m jog recoveries, then 1M jog.

Why: Marathon Schedule says so.

Last Rest: Friday
    Last Hard: Sunday's Nike 10K
    Last Long: Week ago Sunday

Good luck with all of your plans today and enjoy thr sunny day if you are in London could be the last for ages.

LL
  • Options
    Morning,

What: 8m easy
    Why: recovery
    Last hard: race on Sunday
    Last easy: rest yesterday

Still feeling some stiffness in the legs, but this morning wasn't as bad as I expected. I'll keep my mileage up this week, but no speedwork, then back into proper training next week for the Great Cumbria Run.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Options
    Hi all

what: club night surprise speedwork
    why : complement to my solo aerobic baseline training
    last hard day : sun race
    last rest : sat

don't feel to guilty Minkin
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

What: am 6 miles easy running - done, pm 15 miles cycling.
    Why: scheduled
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Friday
  • Options
    Morning

What: Nothing
    Why: Started feeling a cold coming on yesterday so have been taking precautions with complete rest and medicine................just as things were going well!!!!!!!!!
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: Yesterday ( forced )

Happy training.
  • Options
    hi all

what : steady 6-7 miles i think
    why : marathon training
    last hard : sun
    last rest : sat

happy training all and get well soon Speedie.
  • Options
    Morning all.

I think I'll pop along to club night for the first time in ages. Will probably spare my (improving) achilles by jogging everything, which kind-of defeats the object, but it gets so damn lonely jogging everywhere on my own (sob!). And I HAVE to do something about my fitness, which is currently a true testament to how important speedwork is!

Enjoy your runs/rests and/or recover fast.
  • Options
    Hi all!

Got a run yesterday, one of those lovely days when it all feels right. Two faster intervals in a run of about 50 minutes. Don't know the length of the first, but the second I do.

It was the length of the Mass Ave bridge, measured generations ago by laying one MIT student, a Mr. Smoot, (chosen, I imagine, because of his name) along the bridge, marking where his head came, picking him up, and putting him down again feet to the previous head line. Length? 364.4 Smoots and 1 ear. The measuring lines, every 10 Smoots, have been lovingly repainted by subsequent generations.

364.4 Smoots, give or take an ear was quite enough at my top speed, but I persevered and ran the rest of the way home (about 25 minutes).

I do like Boston.

• Options
    What the he*l are you on about? :-)
  • Options
    One of the more extreme ways of working out how far your route is. Didn't they have maps and string in those days?
  • Options
    evening all

Couldn't get on last night when I tried v late on, so 2 evenings to catch up on.

yesterday:
    what: easy(ish) run round Caldy Hill - about 7.5K or a bit more - covering the course of the 5K race I'll be doing Saturday morning (a fair amount of it twice)

why: get a look at the course - v uneven multi-terrain - and several bits where no overtaking will be possible

ran second lap faster than the first to get an idea of what it would be like taking the uneven bits at speed. Will be interesting...

today:
    what: 9.3K in 36:17

why: not sure - intended just a steady run as I got a call from work last night at 0200 & felt pretty tired - but found myself going faster & faster as I went round

last hard day: Fri (race)
    last rest day: Thu

last mile in 5:53; last 2 and 1/3rd miles at 6 minute mile pace - pretty pleased.

Took note of the various racing achievements over the weekend - particularly impressed by 2 Ton's marathon.
  • Options
    "1 ear"? How? what about the top of his head first? ;o)

What: 30 mins Speedwork around edges of local park
    Why: Would like to get a bit faster

Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Monday

G'night all

Andy

• Options
    Hi all

Yes it was All Along the Watchtower yesterday.

Work have taken my laptop back in to decontaminate it against the blaster virus.

So no running and no internet for a couple of days. Oh miserable life!!

Starting to get the blues now. Weight is creeping up, niggles are magnified and my resting HR is up a few beats.

Usually a 10 mile blast would sort these out but I need to rest.

Can't wait to get Sunday out of the way and resume mileage training again.
  • Options
    Sorry didn't post yesterday - was late home and didn't get onto PC ... also ended up watching telly!

So...

Monday

Monday
    Run 1 mile
    Row 30 mins 5.5Km
    Cycle 30 mins 13.5Km
    Elliptical 15 mins
    Weights 20 mins
    Stepper - 30 mins

Tuesday
    Run 5Km - 40 mins
    Row 15 mins - 2.8Km
    Cycle 30 mins - 13.5Km
    Elliptical 1.5Km - 15 mins
    Weights 20 mins
    Stepper - 30 mins
  • Options
    Also meant to say...

Knocked a further 3 mins and 50 secs off my 5K time - ran it in 33mins and 10 seconds... which is encouraging because am running the Liverpool 5K Corporate Cup on Sunday - in a team with work! eek!
  • Options
    Not been around for a few days ... curently in Stockholm! And knackered!

Been reading up on the training forum posts over the past few days; sad to see Laura go on a leave of absence; hope she's OK.

What: four miles brisk this monring, then eight hour meeting, then eight miles steady tonight, with a camera and a guidebook in my rucksack, just sightseeing at dusk! Stockholm is soo beautiful and the weather is fantastic (ie warm!) - found myself in the middle of a weird and v. creepy sculpture park at one point during the run with concrete torsos scattered over the grass and screams coming from the ground ... bound to give me nightmares tonight!

Last rest: yesterday
    Lst hard: today, I suppose.
  • Options
    This morning's quote was Jumbo Elliott, I don't know who or what he did I'm afraid!

howser, welcome back how was your holiday?

BR, stick with it mate, I pleased to see you've managed to avoid a last min speed session!!!

My session tonight 6x5min, 2min rec went very well.

Excellent Cath
  • Options
    2nd 9 mile jog done.

BR - Natural emotions. I am the same with a big race approaching.
    Douglas Wakihuri said that he ran each race as if he would never run another step again afterwards. Think that is the right frame of mind to get into.

Take care
  • Options
    ... feel like a bit of a wuss to be posting this, but have decided NOT to run in my town's 1/2 mara this Saturday. I know I complain about the lack of races in Iceland, and I should seize every opportunity that I can to run, but for various reasons I just haven't done the mileage or the long runs over the last couple of months, and just don't feel prepared, fit or ready. Also I'm still suffering from a niggling pain in my knee, which I don't want to aggravate.

Thing is, I could do this race 'for fun' but it's such a godawful boring course that I can't be inspired to do that. i live in one of the prettiest towns in Iceland but out local half mara takes us though two industrial estates and round the airport perimeter fence ... not inspiring.

Just re-read this and I sound like a right moaney cow! Think that half the problem is that I've had such a run of success recently (a second, a first and a second) that I don't want to end the season with a poor race ... and I've talked myself into having a crap race a week ahead of it even starting!!!!!)

I've earmarked a race at the end of October to do instead, btw!

• Options
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    7 miles easy, but tired inbetween 8hrs of work and 3hrs this evening of training course. Now bed! Night!
  • Options
    Late entry tonight. Couldn't log on yesterday for some browser problem type reason.

3M club race tonight and as usual I hated it. Don't like the short distances & it was my first fast run for some time due to hols in hot places. 21.10 on a v hilly course wasn't too bad but I felt it 35 secs down on pb on same course. Been feeling a bit wheezy since. I guess it was a good workout though.

BR - 2 whole days without runing must be tough for you. I missed my run yesterday & wasn't happy.

Lizzy - If you ain't gonna enjoy it don't do it. I'm ambivalent about doing GNR next week but will just run it as a training run (with some extra on top)