Friday 12 September

Morning,
what-steady hour run.
why-speed session tomorrow, mile reps.

have a good day.

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Nobody training apart from MtB today then, or maybe you've all overslept:o)

As for me I'm being so lazy 'cause I'm tapering and so I'm just going for a short cycle tonight and no running for the second day. Mind I'm feeling a bit jittery as my brain is saying go for a run!
  • Options
    Peeps!

what: easy 6M.

Happy running!
  • Options
    Morning all

What: am 5 mile steady, pm 9 mile
    why: building mileage

Have a good day everybody
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: 9 mile jog done, weights at lunchtime and another jog tonight.

Why: weight loss and aerobic base building
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: 19 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    1st run post GSR last night - only 3 miles but I was flying. Good motivation for a 5 miler tonight, and a 15-16 final pre-marathon long run on Sunday.

Have a good weekend, folks, and good luck if you are racing.
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Will run today but not sure what, should be some kind of effort. Will look in RW for inspiration. Good weekend all.
  • Options
    Morning all

... feeling particularly guilty cos work and other commitments meant that yesterday's run didn't happen. Seem to be sliding into unfitness and injury at an alarming rate. Must try and maintain and build on the summer's marathon and triathlon fitness, but where is it going?

So today

What: A run. About 8 miles. Please. And lots of speedwork at the weekend
    Why: 10k pb wanted in late October. However, my 10k pb was set in about '94 and I have no idea what it is. Think it's 43-something but I may be deluding myself.
    last hard: Tuesday.
    Last rest: yesterday - teeny bike ride doesn't count!

Good luck with all your rests, races and long runs
  • Options
    Morning all

Xerxes - wot no pea-green boat, owls or pussy-cats?

LizzyB - you're getting paranoid about losing fitness. After what you've done this year I reckon you've got bags of reserve in the bank and I can't belieev you're talking 43 something as a pb. 33 something would seem more likely ;-)

Hilly, resist the urge to run, I'm told part of the tapering is to induce exactly that urge as the glycogen reserves and endorphins etc battle it out for attention, you need to channel both into Mday.

What : 5m steady
    why : more basebuilding , but getting disillusioned about it, last night was slowest time highest avg HR combo yet after 2 weeks!
    last hard day: Tues
    last rest day : weds

need to decide whether to race cat C 10k race on Sunday or go sailing or both
  • Options
    Hi all.

What: 5K along the canal at lunchtime and possibly gym (just weights) this evening.

why: that's what the schedule says and it's a nice day for it in London

Last hard: Tuesday

Last rest: yesterday

Enjoy!
  • Options
    Morning.

What: 4miles, slow for the first half, sort of dream 10K pace for much of the second half, then about 300m fast, then try to get home without disgracing myself(runners trots). Nice to be back on home ground, and to discover that I can still run reasonably comfortably in spite of jet-lag and the disruption of travel.

I'll look on Events as well, but anyone doing Nottingham on Sunday know of cheap accommodation for penniless student Sunday night and Saturday night if poss. Eldest son is doing the half, his plans for the weekend have changed a bit, and none of us are happy about him running a half and then setting off on his own for a long drive south. Setting off for a long drive then running a half is not ideal either, but less irresponsible. Do e-mail if you have suggestions

• Options
    Stickless, you can try the YMCA in the city centre of Nottingham. They do cheap accommodation:

http://www.ymca.org.uk/index2.htm

I don't know whether they do just one night: my husband had to live their for a few weeks when he took a job up there before our house was ready, but it's worth phoning and finding out.

That's probably your best bet, other than that there are B&Bs around. I'm sure the Uni lets out student accommodation but it's nearly freshers' week so it's unlikely that they'd be letting it out now.

Hope that helps a bit.
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

What: Rest day for me today - travelling to Wales after work tonight.
    Why: Have run three consecutive evenings this week, and am experiencing a lot of pain around the arch of my left foot. Thing I may have strained something during Nike 10K last Sunday. It's worse when my feet are fully extended (i.e. flat); OK at work while I'm wearing heels. It feels kind of bruised and tender. Can't be plantar fasciitis as it's in the wrong place. Hopefully nothing serious but last night made me run very awkwardly on the outside of my foot which really made my ankle ache.
    Last hard: Tempo run Wednesday.
    Last rest: Monday.

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    Morning all.

Plan for long one still on. Looks like a late one in the dark - will strap on as much reflective gear as I can lay my hands on. Running Christmas tree type thing. Sticking to my 5.5 mile loop (I have 5 splits per loop so I can crank out lots of pace/HR data), aiming to do four of them at a veeeery sloooooww plod.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    what: hard spin class lunchtime, 8 miles at marathon pace and a 4x400m form swim this morning

why: scheduled (except the swim which was scheduled for yesterday but i got up late)

last rest: a while ago now but its all tri cross training and a change is as good as a rest!

last hard: wednesday

winter is coming - enjoy your warmish dry runs while you can folks!
  • Options
    Hi

What: 8.3m in the dark this morning
    Why: last week of high mileage before taper

Felt ok apart from a dull ache from outside of left knee. Looks like ITB problems are rearing their head again.

Cheers
  • Options
    Hi all,

Active rest day today before killer hill session tomorrow.

What: weights
    Why: see above!
    Last (vaguely) hard: last night
    Last easy: wednesday

Well, this is it for the recovery week. Three weeks of hard training lie ahead, followed by a week of tapering, then the Great Cumbrian 1/2.

Gazzmeister - effects of high mileage maybe? Hope it eases up during your taper.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Options
    Afternoon All

What: 9 Miles Steady (70 Minutes ish)
    Why: Schedule Says so, need the milage

Last Rest: A whole week ago, last friday
    Last Hard: Tuesdays Speed Session
    Last Long: Sunday 31st August

Aiming for a weekend of heavy training, but will have to wait and see what life throws my way this weekend. Saturday aiming for 5 Miles AM 5 Miles PM, Sunday aiming for 20 Miles Slow.

Have fun and a great weekend.

LL
  • Options
    Afternoon everyone.

What: 4 miles on cross trainer, 12 miles cycling and 20 minutes swimming drills.
    Why: Recovering from an injury to my knee yesterday.
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Wednesday

Knee not too bad this morning but still too sore for running. Will probably take a week to recover. This is going to play havoc with my long runs and consequently Dublin marathon training. Just as well that I am doing Dublin as a training run.
  • Options
    My god is EVERYONE doing more. I'm impressed Andy Collier, Colly M, Longlegs, Swerve etc... when/if I ever organise my life I will join the twice a day club...However, done okay today
    What: v slow 21 hilly miles
    Why: long run today so I can enjoy the weekend - but got to get some work done now!!
    Last hard: today!!
    Last easy: Wednesday's 1:10 steady was relatively easy
    Hilly, ta for the welcome back yesterday -got sidetracked hence no reply!
  • Options
    Afternoon, not been here for ages but training going well up too 43 miles this week and doing two runs 4 days a week, not enough time before work.

This morning 7.6 miles at steady pace...i have a race on Sunday.

Some really good training going on!!!

happy running !!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Some excellent training going on folks, makes me feel jealous!

I can't wait to run tomorrow!

Lizzy-I'm sure you're not losing fitness. A few sharpening runs and you'll be running fine!

Best wishes to those with niggles!
  • Options
    You lucky people clocking up all these miles!

What: nothing
    Why: marathon on Sunday
    Last hard: a lifetime ago (9 days actually)

• Options
    TT - just read yesterday's post. Please don't stop posting on here when you get serious. We'd love to read a blow by blow account of a sub 2:20 marathon training regime. That'd have got you a UK medal this year, wouldn't it?
  • Options
    I was thinking that too....
    ....looking forward to reading about the autumn regime leading up to the December marathon at a faster pace than I could ever contemplate.

Good luck 2T
  • Options
    Totally agree with BR TT, I like Mike have been fasinated by what you are acheiving at the moment, and reading your last post yesterday about feeling uneasy on sharing training sessions on this thread due to being extreamly high mileage, remember this is for everyone, if your running 10 miles aweek or 150 miles a week.

Understand if can not post due to commitments but if you can post then please do, people can benefit from others training.

Anyway:

What: Nothing
    Why: Cold is still lurking beneath the surface, feel ok but dont wanna take a step back.
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: All week........FRUSTRATED!!!!

Good luck BR for Sunday.
  • Options
    TT - went back and looked at your post. If you're worried about demoralising the rest of us, then don't be: there's nothing more motivating than watching someone working hard for a goal, whatever level it might be. Being a steady 40m/week man myself (for the moment at least), I've learned a lot from seeing the training regimes that runners on higher mileages are using. You'll be doing us all a favour if you keep posting.

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Take a 6 week course of echinacea Speedie, it works for me, no matter what others think of it! I've not had a proper cold, TOUCH WOOD, in over a year or more. I've had the odd head thing, but within a day of taking this I'm fine!
  • Options
    Do you take it all the time hilly, or 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off? If you took it all the time would it lose its' effect?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Just incase I'm not about tomorrow best of luck to all racers and in particular BR in his marathon. Look forward to reading about your PB!