Options

Coaching

My coach at my running club has approached me and asked if I would be interested in taking a 'level 1' coaching course. It sounds like an interesting prospect but I am not totally sure what it all entails. Can anyone give a brief idea what it is all about please?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    http://www.serpentine.org.uk/club/serpentimes/Autumn 2003.pdf

Barry

Don't know if the link will work, but if you go to the Serpentine RC website and look in the Autumn edition of the Serpentimes mag., there's an article on Level 1 coaching, which should give you all the info you need.

David
  • Options
    Hi David,
    Yes the link worked a treat and is very helpful. Looks like something I will be looking at in the next few months then, especially as some courses are in Bedford,which is my area.
    Many thanks for you help, much appreciated.
    Barry
  • Options
    Well done on taking the first step, Barry. Clubs need coaches to be able to continue their existence. Congratulations and thank you for volunteering your time and efforts.
    (You'll be training the next Paula, i presume??!!)
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments Dangly (cool name btw). Yes the funny thing about the Great North Run this year was the amount of people who asked me if I knew Paula, as I was wearing my Bedford Harriers vest. As for training the next one, could be, but I will start with the beginners :o)
  • Options
    Barry, level 1 is a very general course and not specific to any particular disciplin. It's great if you're into throwing foam javelins and frisbys.

The Level 2 modules 1-6 is still not event specific and I am now qualified to show someone how to throw bean bags into a hoop blindfolded.

It starts getting interesting when you do the event specific modules at the end of level 2.

Good luck with the coaching you never know you might find the next PR