Options

Wilmington 10K

Anyone done this one? Might be a more manageable alternative to the Barns Green 1/2 for me.

Comments

• Options
    Neil. there's already a thread started on this one (see page 7 at the moment). I have entered this one, although i haven't run it before. From previous threads it sounds like it's fairly undulating on the first half but then not too bad for the last few k.

Snoop Dogg has run it for the past couple of years, and said that it is impossible to enter on the day as it is very popular, so if your going to have ago at it, i would send off your entry fairly shortly.
  • Options
    thanks for that Gareth
  • Options
    I`ve run this one a couple of times before and have not had a problem getting entry on the day....perhaps i`ll just make sure this time though and get an entry prior to the race.

Apart from the first 100 metres which is up a steep incline the first 4-5 k is a gradual incline over a long stretch of road. Then there is some relief for a couple of K`s and then another hill for a few hundred metres. The last 2K`s is a lovely down hill run which should get us close to some good times.......Can`t wait for it!!
  • Options
    Cheers Malcolm. i'll look forward to the 8k marker !
  • Options
    Wilmington 10K: Is there a website so I czn see the route ?
  • Options
    Ok, how many URWFRC runners have we got doing this one. Not as many as Brighton one suspects.

Audrey - i got my race number back today with a map of the area showing where the start / finish area is - but the actual route wasn't highlighted. They did give details of a change of route to the last 1/2k from previous years.

Anyone out there know the actual route ???

Hopefully may have URWFRC vest in time. DW should have my cheque by now...but i won't hassle !
  • Options
    I'll be doing it. Off to Cyprus tomorrow morning, so hope to get a long run in over the week in preparation. See you in a few weeks.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Hello.....the route is usually as follows, i`ve no reason to suspect its any different this year.......From Wilmington School you charge up Common Lane, then take a left into Parsons Lane. At the end turn left into Oakfield Lane. At the roundabout turn left into Leyton Cross Road and continue into Birchwood Road. Continue for about 2 miles then turn left into Leydenhatch Lane then into College Road until you arrive in Hextable Village. Once you get to the mini-roundabout turn left into Top Dartford Road and continue into Barn End Lane ( the downhill part ). From here you`ll turn left i suspect and finish somewhere in the school grounds......hope that helps you all.
  • Options
    ooops sorry it was right into Parsons Lane
  • Options
    Thanks Malcolm. They have apparantly have changed the route into the school grounds at the finish from previous years.

• Options
    Neilruns.. just in case you didn't know you've been elected to do the ironing at the Brighton 10K. ! don't ask - see thread.