Options

Annoyingly High Waisted Tights

I have just purchased a pair of nike legging thingies with zips at the bottom.

So! i hear you cry...

Why is it that manufacturers of such attire belive that women and possibly men too feel comfortable with the waistband sitting just below thy boobs! It is to me the most uncomfortable and even though many cannot see beyond the t-shirt ( unless wet!) unflattering of experiences.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Snoop

Probably a little more use to this as I was into cycle racing when younger and training tights were like this.

Don't have boobs :) but my running tights come up to just under my rib cage. Helps to keep your back and kidneys warm on wet 'n' windy days :)

MK
  • Options
    Oh nooooo - you've picked up the Simon Cowell range by mistake.
  • Options
    Shirts in trousers at all times....

Well i spose high waisters helps to prevent the baggy crotch appearance!
  • Options
    Strange, as I just bought a pair of Nike dri-fit tights with zips at the bottom of the legs, and I find they are way too short (medium size is for 168cm, and I am 5'8''), and that the waist band only just reaches my middle. The worst thing is when the tights aren't high enough, and they constantly feel like they are about to fall off!
  • Options
    "MEN IN TIGHTS"

Do u all sit down 2 P?

It's only abit of wind & rain!
  • Options
    "Hee Hoo..... Awwa" : Michael Jackson he likes tight trousers...
    Anyway Hilde: A most bizarre occurance indeed, perhaps thats why mine were cheap.

Ah well i shall know what to look for in my next pair.
  • Options
    I'm with Robbin Hood on this...

Blokes in tights? Come-on guys...

I only resort to trackpants on sub-zero winter mornings. Of an evening it's always shorts.
  • Options
    Nowt wrong with a fella in tights.

The ladies love it!
  • Options
    Some ladies, perhaps...

I know Mrs H would not run with me if I were to wear tights (besides not sure I'd like that clingy feeling!!)

P.S. Jon I insist you post on the treadmill / rowing machine disaster thread I feel momentum building!
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    cougie i just saw this thread and i immediately thought that Simon Cowell has a lot to answer to.
    Good job he's not a running coach
  • Options
    Soop. Were your Nikes the ones on special offer from First Fitness at £14.99 or £25 for two pairs??? I just got some of these. I got medium because I was afraid small would be too tight and give the springy crotch effect. Medium is fine - waist band sits on waist - but the legs are too long!
    I'm 5'2 and a bit which I don't think is unusually wee but the legs of the tights concertina at the bottom and I have to turn them up or under and tuck into socks.
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    I ALWAYS have this problem! The ones I've got are Adidas with three stripes down each leg and they're like footless tights really; no zip at the bottom and very snug all the way down ... not mega-flattering (my boyfriend disagrees though!) but at least they're not too long. Can't remember if they're in sizes (8, 10 etc) or S, M, L - think they're actual sizes. They don't sit too high on the waist, but do feel high as I usually wear low-waisted trousers.
  • Options
    Cheers guys! nice to know it not me thats the weird shape!

Kermie: I got them from the Nike shop in McArthur Glen Outlet village in Swindon £16.99 and come to think about it they are a tad long and im constantly hoyking them up until i get sweaty enough for them to stick! NICE!

Minkin: you could be right I'm a hipster girl so i spose that doesn't help.

Aghh well good excuse to go shopping again... I'll have to catch one of them bouncing cheques first though!
  • Options
    I think that women's tights must be made for that 'typical' woman who never exists.