Options

Free sports watch..?

My wonderful sister has just got me a years subscription for Runners World for my birthday - aahh! I was wondering, when can I expect to take delivery of my super-duper sports watch? Anyone have any ideas? I'm fed up being the only one at the start of races pretending to set my stopwatch on my analogue dress watch!
Ta

Comments

• Options
    hi johnnie,

when I subscribed my watch arrived in less than a week. So you are justified in lying in wait for the postman!!

WiseOwl
  • Options
    I don't understand mine, and can't make it work, nor can I stop the alarm going off at 5am every day, so I've buried it! Sad, or what?
  • Options
    I gave mine away to a passing child. Maybe that'll inspire them to become an olympic athlete. Or use it to tell them what time Eastenders is on. Whatever.
  • Options
    I have subscribed recently and have since recieved my first mag but without the watch. Do they arrive seperately ?
    thanx
  • Options
    Yes the watch comes separately but in my case three years ago quite quickly if my memory serves me right.

It is not super-duper watch but to be honest it is OK for general runs. I have an all singing and dancing one now for speedwork and laptimes etc but I still keep my runners world one in the locker at work for my general lunchtime runs. It is getting to the end of its life now (I think it is the heavy use and a particularly muddy outing in a cross country run about 10 months ago (I ended up sprawled in the mud and went through a pond) that did it) and if I could get something similar for a tenner for daily use it would be great.
  • Options
    I was sad enough to email the kind fellows about this. They dont come at the same time at the moment as RW has run out of them apparently - they are ordering some more and expect them to reach our houses in about 5 weeks. Looks like you'll be timing your runs by the "so the minute hand was not quite half way between.....so that means...er..." method that I've been using for about 6 months now. One of the main reasons I go to races is they have proper clocks there!
  • Options
    Sassie - so glad I'm not the only one! I couldn't stop the chiming every hour but managed to stop myself just short of smashing it. Mine is now well and truly buried too.
  • Options
    Two and a half years and waiting!

To be fair I never chased it up because the freebie wasn't the reason I subscribed and I already had a watch.

The kids would have liked it though.
  • Options
    I haven't received mine yet either but I've got an identical one from when I trialled Mens Health. I soon stopped that - load of garbage - but the watch is still going strong and still beeping every hour! Incomprehensible instructions too! It's put up with some fairly rough treatment (not treated it to a pond just yet) but it's had a few showers when I've forgotten to take it off and it still works OK.
  • Options
    Er yes, I have one from last year, but dont know how it works
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for my sports watch from RW.. I'm hoping it will be a lot easier to work than my Adidas one, which I've had for about 2 years and still haven't worked it out properly yet, except for the very basics!!!
    Michelle x