Options

running shoes

looking at the ads for running shoes in runners world,prompts me to pose the question
"WHAT WAS THE FIRST EVER PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES YOU EVER WORE"?
ive been running for over 20 years,and i always remember my first pair was
hi-tec silver shadows....

Comments

• Options
    Me too. I had 2 or 3 pairs I think. I was a poor student at the time and I thought they were the mutts nuts. They still make them now.
  • Options
    I started running in the 1970s, and the first pair of proper running shoes I had were Reebok Cougars - not much cop I seem to remember, but I was very proud of them. I also had a pair of ripples (remember them?) for training over the country, but the first good pair of shoes I had were Reebok Aztecs...
  • Options
    I only took up running in 2000, and my first pair of shoes were New Balance 702. Very smart looking but I knew nothing of pronation and shin pain then. Also I have never heard them refered to in any reviews, picked them up cheap from the 2000 FLM registration at the Arena.

Before I started running I actually believed that 'trainers were trainers'.

Jenks
  • Options
    Yep

I've only been running a couple of years and mine were also hi-tec silver shadows they must have been around for ever becase the were also the first real trainers I hid as a kid at school
  • Options
    That sould of been

I had as a kid at school

I don't have a trainer hiding fetish
  • Options
    Silver shadows for me too, and then they had a special X4 version if i remember correctly?
    Also, recall a pair of Reebok windrunners which i was fond of until they were stolen from my car!
    Does anyone remember the scene from the book/film "Marathon Man" where he gets the local street gang to break into his apartment, and the first thing he wants them to retrieve is his Adidas running shoes?
  • Options
    1984. Adidas - Oregon I think they were called. Blue with yellow stripes. I was dead chuffed with them. Wore them for ages.
  • Options
    When I ran in the 80s I too started with Hi-tec Silver Shadows and like jenksI knew nothing about pronation, I soon destroyed the backs of the shoes and I ended up with a pair of Nike Odyssey, nice blue colour, best shoes I ever had, does anyone remember them?

Gaz.....