Options

Compartment Syndrome?

In need of advice for a quick recovery from compartment syndrome.It has been self diagnosed but through all the injury clinic websites they describe it exactly. (A pain on the outside of my right calf.No pain when still, but when exercising or sometimes walking the pain returns)
Probally due to overtraining or training at a high intensity.
Please Help.

Comments

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Not sure about quick, but deep massage is supposed to help in some cases of CS. Ice/heat treatment can also help a bit.
  • Options
    See a sports injury professional who can advise on treatment and rehabilitation as well as administer deep massage etc

Will
  • Options
    steve how are you i also suffer from compartment syndrome(anterior).This basically means severe shin pain, in which i have no choice but to stop running. What i have found is that when i started running i had to take things easy and progression to faster speed and longer mileage has to be very gradual. Indeed after a complete 2 week break following a 1/2 marathon it took me 3 weeks to be able to run 6 miles again as the pain was so bad. To sum up i have found if i run every 2-3 days the pain dissapears after a few weeks and only returns after a complete rest or if i try and increase mileage or pace to quickly.Also what has helped me through the pain immensely is to take 2 nurofen(ibuprofen) 1 hour before running as they are anti-inflammatories and reduce the pain greatly. Sorry for going on a bit hope this helps you out.
    cheers
    one chop
  • Options
    Thanks all,since i put my first message on I have found that whilst running it is ok, only from about mile 7 or 8 can I feel it, and even then not very much. Most of the pain comes as soon as I have finished (after stretching) and the following morning. I do warm up /warm down and stretch properly as well as using deep massage and ice tratment , any other ideas please?
    Thanks
    Steve