Options

Ultra Trail Mont Blanc Details

Just had an email from the organisers and the dates for next year are

27/8 - 29/8

Registration opens 15/11/03

http://www.ultratrailmb.com/accueil.php

I'm 60/40- on doing the event at the moment - not so worried about the distance or the elavation- just the two together in one event!
... if that makes any sense

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for that Caspar.

Hmm tempting, very tempting................
  • Options
    *puts hands over eyes*
  • Options
    Hill Runner -

what is your deciding factor on doing this event?
  • Options
    Oooh very long story!

Basically my boyfriend is giving up his job to train full time with a view to running the qualifying time for Athens next year (he ran in the Commonwealth games last year but we are talking outside chance here!) The Olympics are from 20th - 29th August and i'd obviously want to go to watch if he does make the team.

(and money- My usual problem!!!)

If not next year then 2005. How about you?
  • Options
    My 'indecision' for next years lies partly with wanting to do an ironman at some point, but unsure as to which (restricted by money, a looming job change and timing within season)

and also unsure as to how I will hold up with event itself.

As I said I dont have a problem with the distance or the 8000m of ascending - its the two combined that concern me. As a wee city boy its not like I can train in the mountains everday.

Saying all of this I am finding more reasons in my head to do this race and gear all other events around it - still do an ironman such as the longest day partly as a cross training exercise (and not focus on my time) - which would then give me 6 weeks over the summer to be a little more specific.

I have some long distance tails over the winter to do as well which would hold me in good stead.

I had also thought about doing the grand union canal race at some point (May Bank Holiday I believe)

Decisions! Decisions!
  • Options
    boing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!