The 2013 Pirate Kit Order Thread (Take 2)

I am starting a new thread, but still bringing across the list from last year.

Basic Info

We can order any of the kit items listed here

Louis Garneau need a minimum order of 12 units per item of kit.  We require a minimum order of 16 units to allow for any changes in demand

If an item is ordered that has never been ordered before there will be set up costs involved surrounding art work etc.  These costs will need to be absorbed by those ordering the relevant item

Louis Garneau kit comes up on the small side.  Please refer here for guidance, although it is strongly recommended that you find someone a similar size to you who has previously ordered LG kit

Order Process

An order will be submitted once a year, probably at the end of the season, subject to meeting minimum order levels.

As soon as you put your name on the list for an item of kit, you will be sent a PM asking for contact details.  It's important you respond to this as email will be the only method of contacting you once processing the kit order gets underway. 

When there are sufficient numbers for an order to go ahead, you will be asked for sizes, postal address, and given payment details. You will be informed throughout the process of timescales and will normally be given 4 weeks notice.  Extensions will not be granted as other people on the kit order will suffer from your lack of action.

When all monies are received the order will be sent to Louis Garneau.

Payment via Paypal will not be allowed unless certain circumstances apply.  If paying by Paypal is allowed, the payer must meet the costs of the payment

Approximately 6-8 weeks later the kit arrives at Kit Towers where it is batched and despatched

The kit will be sent out 2nd class, non-recorded. If you want the kit to be sent out via recorded delivery or 1st class the costs of this must be met by yourself

Doing the kit order is a time consuming process.  If you have put your name on the list it is your responsibility to keep up to date with what's happening.  Suffice to say, I will not chase anyone through any forms of social media.  If you miss an email or don't keep an eye on the thread, you run the risk of not being included in the order

Comments

• Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

All, Just want to make it clear that anyone is welcome to order pirate kit, there is no vetting or acceptance process.

Id like to think that the pirates are open and inclusive, theyre not an official club, neither are there any rules. This works both ways, in such that if someone is asking for kit then I think its fair and a demonstration of our interest to ask them why what races theyre doing, maybe where theyre based etc. Its not a case that theyre being judged on this basis.

Also, sorting out the kit order can be an onerous process, collecting order confirmations and payments from dozens of people takes time. If someones asking for kit with their first post on the forum, I think its fair to ask them a little more about themselves. If that's their only communication with us how will we get in touch with them in a couple of months when the kit order is being organised.

As has been said about minimum orders, if we get to 16 and that comprises 6 people that have only posted once and arent contactable, change their mind etc then the order process gets postponed.

Everyone thats ever wanted/paid for pirate kit has had it collected.

• I think now is also a good time to explain that the last kit order was for 72 people ordering in excess of 150 pieces of kit.  For these reasons, I run a tight ship where the order process is concerned and know I can come across as a bit brusque at time.

In the last order Barley explained the inconveniences I face when dealing with the kit order and I think it is worth posting again here at the startof the thread where all can see it

Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

To reinforce re Mouse's comment...

Having coordinated kit orders myself, I know how much time this takes bearing in mind it's a voluntary role.  When I did it, there was no way near as many people ordering kit as there are now and not as many kit items being ordered. Schmunks has streamlined the process to make sure everyone is updated with what's going on, what's expected etc and to make it easier to coordinate a large order.

I am on the order list and I have seen the emails Schmunks has been sending, if they seem brusque its only in terms of explaining a clear process.  In each email she provides the spreadsheet as well as link to to it on dropbox. From what I can see, she is trying to give people the tools to help themselves rather than having to hand-hold people all the way through, I really can't see why some people can't follow the clear instructions that she gives.   

In the past its not been uncommon for Schumks to end up having to chase people and respond to questions across 4/5 types of media, this can cause misunderstandings to happen, this is exactly what Schmunks wants to avoid and why assertive instructions could seem blunt.  Individually you may think a one off facebook post or text message isn’t significant but its often many people thinking like that, from Schmunks side, these well intentioned (yet multiple) messages can cause difficulties.

Please remember this is being done on a voluntary basis and so speed and efficiency is key; yes, you may get a one sentence reply to an e-mail, but that's because there is no doubt another 10 people wanting an email response.

As has been mentioned many times, you have asked for kit and therefore you should be keeping an eye on progress.  I know she can be an old dragon and can nag but she does it because she cares about the kit order and wants to ensure no-one misses out on the kit they want. 

Remember, she is doing this for your benefit, so it's only fair to try and lighten her load by using the information she gives to help yourself.

Thank you

• Tri Shorts (last ordered Nov '12 @ £33)

Gilet (last ordered Nov '12 @ £65) Seren

Girls Tank Top
    bburn plodder
    JvR
    Iron Muffin
    Schmunkee
    Total: 4 (12 more needed)

Cycle Top (last ordered Nov '12 @ £45)

Monaco (last ordered Nov '12 @ £42)

Arm Warmers (last ordered Sep '11 @ £21)
    7755Matt
    Flat Footed
    Mouse
    Nurse Ratched

Cycle Jacket (last ordered Nov '12 @ £95)

Leg Warmers (never been ordered before)
    7755Matt
    Seren

Baseball Cap (never been ordered before)
    BriTriSky
    Hope x2

• could you put me down for a girls tank please Schmunks ?   Cheers  image

Gilet (last ordered Nov '12 @ £65) 
    Seren

Girls Tank Top 
    bburn plodder
    Fraggle 
    JvR
    Iron Muffin
    Nurse Ratched
    Schmunkee 
    Total: 6 (6 more needed)

7755Matt 
    Flat Footed 
    Mouse 
    Nurse Ratched

7755Matt
    Seren

BriTriSky
    Hope x2

7775 Matt
    Seren

Girls Tank Top 
    bburn plodder
    Fraggle 
    JvR
    Iron Muffin
    Nurse Ratched
    Schmunkee 

7755Matt 
    Flat Footed 
    Mouse 
    Nurse Ratched

7755Matt
    Seren

BriTriSky
    Hope x2

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

Schmunks can i have 2 basevall caps and a ctcle jacket please.

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

sorry baseball

• seren nos wrote (see)

Tri Shorts (last ordered Nov '12 @ £33)

7775 Matt
    Seren

Girls Tank Top 
    bburn plodder
    Fraggle 
    JvR
    Iron Muffin
    Nurse Ratched
    Schmunkee 

7755Matt 
    Nurse Ratched

TJ1004

7755Matt
    Seren

BriTriSky
    Hope x2
    TJ1004 x 2

Done for you

7775 Matt
    Seren

Girls Tank Top
    bburn plodder
    Fraggle
    JvR
    Iron Muffin
    Nurse Ratched
    Schmunkee
    Total: 4 (12 more needed)

7755Matt
    Nurse Ratched

TJ1004

7755Matt
    Seren

BriTriSky
    Hope x2
    TJ1004 x 2
    Rafi

I’m assuming that the ‘baseball cap’ is the LG cycle cap on their website?

• FF - that looks shite. Can't wait for someone to update itimage
  • As if on cue, my knight in a skirt arrives
  • i was wondering.i have normal baseball hats from the other website,,,,,never seen the point of cycling hats if you always wear a helmet

• They keep your 'ead warm in winter, innum.

• Would it be possible to get pictures of the different kit? What is/does a Monaco look like?
  • A monaco is a vest with a zip    ..... image

• I have no idea why we call them a monaco.  Are they even called that on the LG website?

A monaco is a tri top, as Meldy says, with a 3/4 zip at the front and a pocket at the back.  It's what most of the people are wearing if they are wearing pirate kit in their avatar.

• Monaco

Tri Shorts

Tri Suit

Gilet

Jacket

Cycle Top

These aren't the exact style of kit we order, but will give you an idea of what each piece of kit is

• Thanks Schmunks, you're the best!

Gilet (last ordered Nov '12 @ £65) 7775 Matt Seren gas-man

Girls Tank Top bburn plodder Fraggle JvR Iron Muffin Nurse Ratched Schmunkee Total: 4 (12 more needed)

Arm Warmers (last ordered Sep '11 @ £21) 7755Matt Nurse Ratched

Cycle Jacket (last ordered Nov '12 @ £95) TJ1004

Leg Warmers (never been ordered before) 7755Matt Seren

Baseball Cap (never been ordered before) BriTriSky Hope x2 TJ1004 x 2 Rafi

I've no idea what's happened to the formating.

• Schmunkees going to get you.
  • Run Gas-man, RUN !!!!!

• *inhales deeply and counts to 1,000,000*
  • Here Schmunks, 

/members/images/497331/Gallery/3418.image.jpeg

aaaaaaaand breathe

• Oh dear .... and it was all going so well    image

7775 Matt
    Seren
    Gasman 

Girls Tank Top 
    bburn plodder
    Fraggle 
    JvR
    Iron Muffin
    Nurse Ratched
    Schmunkee 
    Total: 4 (12 more needed)

7755Matt 
    Nurse Ratched

TJ1004

7755Matt
    Seren

BriTriSky
    Hope x2
    TJ1004 x 2
    Rafi

• Gasman.you owe me one image

• It should perhaps be pointed out to new recruits that everyone is indeed welcome as mentioned on the opening pages, but what ever you do, don't mess with the Fairy's lists on pain of death - or Thornton's, which ever is easier for you image