Options

MPLR and wobbly numb knee

Hello, I had a medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction about 4 years ago and a lateral release about 5 years ago following numerous dislocations. I really wanted to get back in to running after my MPLR but just never felt 100% confident on my knee. I've had a weird numbness issue that just seems to have gotten worse over the last 6 or so years and is really putting me off any sort of exercise. It's a bit difficult to explain but feels like the whole knee area just goes numb - but feels like all the muscles around the left knee go weak and knobbly too. I still have foot and ankle and lower leg feeling but the knee area is useless. It feels like my knee bones are just banging around in a loose fleshy bag! I'm constantly convinced its going to dislocate! It seems to have gotten worse over the last few years. I can now keep a 3-4 mph jog up for about 400m. I absolutely cannot sprint it's just too terrifying. Nobody I've spoken too has any ideas - but it's definitely not psychological! Right knee is fine never had an issue btw.

Comments