Options

New waterproof for ultras - advice, please?

2»

Comments

• Options

Its very easy to get obsessed by pack weight as thats just about the only think you have absolute control of in your Ultra prep. Once you are up and running you may find that you arrive at a water station having carried 600g of water up and down hills for the last 12 miles! Given the choice of carrying  a 300g wind stopper top and sweating or freezing for 6+ hrs is really is a no brainer. If you are not in control of your body temp then even  carrying nothing at all won,t help your performance. 

• Options
    I bought the Montane Minimus recently after checking out almost every jacket on the market, it's wonderfully bright green, fantastically windproof and most importantly waterproof. I teamed it with the feather lite trousers and as a combination feel as though they are a good match.

I'm not a fan of running in jackets and trousers these feel as though I'll be okay in them. I've been doing test runs in them and they do wick the sweat away and I do feel surprisingly comfortable even after 10 or 12 miles in them. Both items pack down really very small - even when you are in rush hoping that your knees don't seize up because you've stopped for a few seconds.

All that said the moment the rain eases I'm straight back into the running vest and shorts, I am that nutter you see on a cold winters day dressed like its the middle of summer.
  • Options

Hate to be negative but I advise all to stay away from OMM. I loved the look of the Kamleika ii and was super happy with my purchase. For 3 weeks until the drawstring for the hood came loose from the inside stitching. Quite clear a faulty item. My sonic smock also had a tear along the seam. I have a refund for smock as purchased online but as jacket paid for in cash and no longer have the receipt. My good money, £100+, has been wasted. OMM customer services do not want to know. Spend your money on larger more reputable companies that have superior quality of clothing and service. 

Good running

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Don't do cash and make sure you keep your receipts is good advice Liam.
  • Options

I have the OMM Kamleika. Wear it for running and cycling for over a year now, no problems so far.

• Options

I love "liam12", stalking all OMM-related threads to vomit rage.. "I bought some goods via shady means and can't get service..". I can only assume that the previous eleven liams spontaneously combusted due to the internal heat of their own anger :P