Options

RW Marathon FLM Beginners - Phil

13»

Comments

• Options
    Why don't you get the band together again Tim, last time I saw PK he looked like he needed the exercise.
  • Options
    hi tim
    i know what you mean if some one told me back then that i would run the london marathon i would of thought that they had done to many MMs. mind you compared too a CCI rally i think the marathon will be less knackering
    thanks for the support.
    popsider is right K P could do with some exercise.

• Options
    Well done Phillip!

I gave up the crap weed 4th Jan 2003 and took up runing in April 2003. And i got to tell you, i feel amazing compared with when i was smoking!
    Every aspect of my life has improved and the fitness improvement is more noticable with running, than with almost any other sport!
    Keep the training up and keep off the cigs - you won't regret it!

See you at the FLM mate!
  • Options
    Phil seeing as you have done too many MMs how do you know you are really doing the marathon ?
  • Options
    yes i know what you mean since i gave up lots of things have inproved. my skin feels better, i smell better and my running feels more comfortable.i just feel 100% better.
    unfortunately i have not been running for the last 2 weeks because of a knee injury
    it feels ok now so i'm hopeing to go on a short run this week end.

popsider i donn't know i'm ruuning the
    marathon but do any of us know if any thing is real.

• Options
    Don't know how you smell better Phil - I've just ended up sweaty and horrible through all this running!!

As for Paul I'll pass on your kind words! We are due to be rehearsing, recording and doing a couple of gigs again this year so who knows...

Go steady with that knee - worst thing of all is to push back into training too soon. Better to lose an extra few days at this stage and get it perfect than to rush back and end up putting yourself out of the marathon by making it worse (Trust me - I've done both!!)

By the way I live in London these days so if you fancy meeting up for a couple of drinks after the race ... carbo drinks only of course......not!!

Tim
  • Options
    I agree with Tim, Phil. I rushed back after my calf injury, and the result is I've done no jogging/running for more than two months. At the beginning of last week began again ... and I am still getting odd twinges but it's a lot better than it was. Have you discussed it with Keith and/or seen anyone for advice? I ended up having physio for several weeks.

Anyway good luck.

Philippa
  • Options
    hi tim when i say smell better i mean i donn't smell like a ash tray any more.
    thanks for the advice. i'd love to meet up after the race but i might be a few hours behind you.
  • Options
    well done phil for getting picked. where do you do your long runs at weekends as I too live in nottingham would be good to have company on long runs I did robin hood mararthon last september took 6hours though I must get much better as I want to do a half at silverstone in march as I didn't get into london let me know if you need a steady runner with you
  • Options
    How's the knee going Phil?

I'm not actually running in London this year just spectating. I'll have done the North Pole Marathon the week before so I'll be glad to be just standing around cheering and ordering the first round!

Hope the training's going well now. Stick with it. Feb's always the worst month I think. Every time you feel like death just picture yourself crossing the finish line and getting your medal. You'll be surprised what a lift it gives you!
  • Options
    Can I get ready for the London marathon if I start training now. I am reasonably fit and can run 5 miles OK at the moment, but have done little training so far. If I can get fit enough what is the schedule I would need to work to so that I can run a sub 4 hour time

Thanks

Richard
  • Options
    Richard,

I would say that with commiting to training most days, there is just about enough time to get properly fit for the marathon.........I'd forget sub four hours though, there's not enough time left to put in the amount of miles needed....

There are plenty of training schedules in the training tab on the homes page.
  • Options
    Phil's asked me to say he's not had access to a pc for a few weeks - he hopes to get it sorted soon.
  • Options
    Phil, just read the sad news in the latest article and wanted to pass on my sympathy. Put me down on your sponsor form for a tenner. Hope the training is going okay now.
  • Options
    best of luck phil with your training and marathon , sitting here nursing a knee injury,wishing i was running
    ken
    Dublin,Ireland
  • Options
    Phil,

I'm sorry to read about your mother. I had a really tough time last year and lapsed in my running so I really admire you.

Raising money for breakthrough breast cancer through the london triathlon helped me deal with my mums illness (she has totally recovered now and will be running the marathon herself!) so i'm sure doing the same will give you that extra incentive.

good luck on the day!
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Had a text from Phil - he was around the 4 and a half hour mark or just over.
  • Options
    Congratulations Phil!!

Wonderful job. Hope you're suitably satisfied and hungover.

Let me know how to get the sponsorship money to you.

Cheers

Tim