Options

Running again...

Morning all,
I’m feeling a bit happy today as I’ve just done my first run in 8 weeks and it didn’t feel too bad (I was beginning to feel a bit of a fraud, partaking on a runners forum but not actually running!). The sun was rising over the lake, and everything felt good. Breathing a bit hard at the end of the 30mins run but that’s only to be expected. Building up slowly now over the two months to the ‘Reindeer Run’! Thought I’d try the 4 times a week schedule in this months RW.

Just thought I’d share all that…!

Comments

• Options
    TractorTractor ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lovely setting for your run you have there SF. I'm grateful for my local park, where I run, which is peaceful and has some wildlife. I just find something magical about a squirrel running alongside me for a few metres, and usually going quicker than me!

Just thought i'd share that!
  • Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Good Morning Simon,

I think a lot of us can relate to how you were feeling and how great you must feel now. Excellent !
  • Options
    Are you near the Gower peninsula by any chance?

I used to run down to the Mumbles from Langland Bay when visiting Swansea on business in the eighties - pleasant early morning jog as the sun came up.

Can I call you an honorary Welsh git now that you've decamped to Taf land?

BTW Scotty, how did you get on at Loch Ness last Sunday?
  • Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Hiya Snoop,

It was totally brilliant. 3hrs 50mins. Don't agree with the idea of 20miles being the halfway point. My right leg was killing me for the last 4 miles though but no problems with breathing or energy.

Unfortunately didn't meet Diasy Duke or Nessie. Met Ellie, Super Ted and Kg. There's a thread called Loch Ness Congratulations about 5 pages into the Events Forum where a lot of us have praised the organisation, goody bag, food, entertainment etc.

Definately want to do more marathons.....well it's easier for us skinny blokes.

Cheers

BTW are you doing Barns Green Half on 27th Oct. Just sent my cheque off yesterday.
  • Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Thanks all (and Snoop!)
    You can call me a git if you like Snoop - I've no objection to that!
    Yes, I am in the Gower and yes, all along the bay in that area is a very pleasant run. I've done that a few times previously.
    The lake I was running around today is in the middle of an industrial estate so it's not quite as grand as it sounds - still nice though!!
    Good time Scotty! Well done!
  • Options
    Well done young man! I missed the write ups on this one, unsurprisingly given there have been 4,000 postings or so this week.

Put yourself down for London now - only a fortnight to go before entries close.

I'm going to take a rest the weekend of 27th - danger of 'overracing' otherwise.
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Simon Welcome back!
    I visit the Gower fairly regularlyn and run on Rhossilli Beach - fantastic experience.
    I'm intending making the Reindeer myself.
    So is benz- how about a training run before that?
  • Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Hi Barkles - Yep, I'd be up for a training run, only I can only make them mid week at the moment due to commuting to and from Kent Friday afternoons and Monday mornings! This situation should only be for another 6 weeks ish,
    Be good to see everyone at the Reindeer.
    (Like the hat!)
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Half term's coming up. I'll get the dates and post them soon.
  • Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Ok, sounds good.