Options

sub 25 min 5K

right.. I do 400 m sprints 1 once a week, hard runs 3 times a week and up to 8 mile long runs on Sundays i'm down to 25:56.. what can I do more to get this down!

Comments

• Options
    stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭
  • Options

if you want to race fast, train slow.

• Options
    stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

Have a look at mcmillan  pace calculator to give you an idea of the speeds and times you need to be running to get sub - 25.

For example, your 400m intervals should be 1:45 to 1:52 mins each.  

From your brief post you are running five times a week, and all five are "hard" sessions.  I'd keep your 400m intervals and the long run, but for your other three "hard" runs I 'd reduce the pace of two of them, and for the remaining one change it into a tempo, e.g. 1 mile warm up and then two miles at 8:17 to 8:35 min/mile (based on mcmillan) followed by one mile cool down.

You haven't said a lot in your post - but if you are repeating the same training each week, you are going to get the same results. For the intervals, try mixing it up or adding a few extra intervals.  E.g. if you are currently running 5 x 400, try 6x 400 then 7x 400 the week after.  Alternatively, mix in some 600m sessions, e.g. instead of 6x 400m do 4x 600m.

• Options
    Get a more aerodynamic hairstyle?
  • Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

stutyr is spot on.  You need more variation... and a big part of that is slowing down some of your runs.