Options

Returning to running

Hello everyone, I've been running for a while, done a few 5 and 10k races and did my first half marathon last year. MY aim for this year is the Royal Parks Half and then London Marathon next year. I've had patellar tendonitis 3 times (just recovering from it a 3rd time) and plantar facsiitis (which developed during the last part of my HM training and has now returned when I started running again in Dec/Jan). I haven't run for 5 weeks and the physio thinks I'm on the home straight for recovery. My plan is to start running in June to prepare a base before training for RP Half starts in July, and I was wondering if you had any tips on returning? I've been doing some 1-legged training to build strength and core work (pilates etc) as well as lots of spinning/cycling and xtraining intervals and circuits.

I've learned the hard way that I definitely injure with running 4/5 times per week, do you know much about the FIRST running plan?

Many thanks - any advice/tips would be most appreciated. The research etc is what's keeping me going through my time out!

Lauren