Options

Oh what a beautiful morning

After been sat in a horrendous hell hole office with fluffy fellow female magaziney types for 12 hours yesterday (up at 545 worked 6 to 8, tube, worked, 915am to 915pm, worked) and not running, this morning's run really was medicine for the soul...
Beautiful day (injury played up but was able to run through it) and I went out thinking I'll have a relaxing, soulful, enjoyable run, as I still haven't devised my next plan of action re: running. It was a just do it run, and I managed 14 miles at 8 min mile pace, HR 146bpm. Lovley. Got my sanity back...
Thoughts were:
Focus on the Ultra in March, get tunnel vision - and also get that book, Running Lore; make some time to plan a schedule and talk to club coach; stop taking on more than I do and remember how important running is; don't feel guilty about my children, I'm a better mother if I run - oh, and final one...be productive today, ahem, see you all later then!

Comments

• Options
    Oh please Snicks, put it priority one again, your kids will not be remotely harmed from having a mother who has an ability and makes the most of, who has ambition and follows it, or what do you want them to believe?

You can, you know you can and so you must.

It would be an awful thing to have to wonder what might you have been able to achieve had you tried. Much better just to try and find out.

(Besides which, you can see my jealous-green eyes burning. Run for it.)