Options

PSOF Championships 2014 - Ironman France

Comments

• Options

I'l mainly be doing a 13 month training camp in Warwickshire image

• Options

How do you get one of those little pirate flags?

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I'm not sure. I think you have to do something in the dark with Barlos. It's all very hush hush. 

• Options
    F.oggyF.oggy ✭✭✭

I was too scared to turn the light off, so have not got one.

• Options

I'll be up for training camp yaay

• Options

Training camp would be fun wherever, Lake district weekends were legendary !!!
    Lanza would be good money permitting
    Club O would be excellent, good value at that time of the year I would think?

I have a flag but I'd rather not talk about it

• Options

Forget it! I'm not going near Barlos.

OC ?

Club O ?

You've lost me now.

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

OC - Orange Cannon. Him, what posteded up dere^^^

Club O - is where we stayed when we raced Lanza this year. 

• Options

I had a massive grump this morning after googling a Nice race reports. They said that a) only practically elite women do Nice. Seriously.

b) found a report from a girl who literally just wrote about the negatives. 

Oh and I was exhausted from 5.5 hours deliverly notes for a friend (never again) - which worries me that my stamina needs working on.

Anyway:

I went on a scary (well it was for me) bike ride to prove I am tough enough. 3 10% ascent and descents later (don't laugh) + making friends with an actual cyclist and keeping up (I think he was going slow)! 

So turns out I'm invincible image Bring it on! 

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Medic Girl - I've seen (and know) plenty of non-practically-elite women (and men for that matter) who have done Nice.  The pirates have been before.  Meldy and I (both women*) are doing it, Meldy has done it before.  Don't worry about the naysayers, if you think that you can't do it, you won't, if you think that you can do it, you will.  And you will.  You've got so much time to train, work hard and you will reap the rewards.

You need to come along to some social events and meet some of us to realise that we are just as human as you are.  I don't suppose you're around weekend of 6/7 July are you?  A lot of us are going to Nottingham to support at the Outlaw.

*no sniggering at the back please.

• Options

Just thought - do I need to be a member of Tri England to register for IM France? Haven't got round to it yet this season.

I think you do to actually compete (cannot remember where I read that). If I do I guess I need to get registered now so I have the number for when entries open?

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

No, you don't need to be a member to enter the race.  You do need to be either a member or buy a race license from them when you get there for race day.  There will be information regarding this on the Nice website.  If you join the BTF now, you will be out of date again by June next year and will need to rejoin, so would suggest you hang on for a bit.

• Options

I had checked my diary becuase I'd have loved to have helped out/supported. Sadly I have a big important exam the next day image for which I won't have done enough revision to take the weekend off before! (I actually thought uni a second time around I'd have "grown up" and learnt to manage my time!)

I will however keep an eye out to meet up with you all, especially the ladies, before next summer image

• Options

Great to hear your back on track Medic Girl, I'll make sure I keep away from race reports, I'm getting my training in gear today by eating Nice biscuits, its all in the preparation image

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Oh and obviously what I meant to say on the previous page is that Meldy is doing it, I'm holding her coat for her, I'm not doing it, I'm having a year off next year.  Erm.  Bum.

So, anyway, awesome training JP...

• Options

Liar liar pants on fire

Medicgirl, you're not too far from me and I'm happy to meet up for rides which will show you how very non elite I am!

• Options

If memory serves me, and chances are it doesn't, if you're not a BTF member, along with a day license, the French ask you to bring a certificate from your doctor to show you're physically well enough to take part, if you don't have one they will let a doctor sign one for you there and then but at a cost of a few euros.

• Options

I think you are right ...  I seem to remember the discusions from before, although semingly anyone can be a doctor for the day image

• Options

Glad to see the decision of where to go is galvanising everyone image  I love the enthusiasm levels image

• Options

Back again Podds ...  image

• Options

This is from their website, which is abiout as clear as mud:

One-Day-License
    No licensed athletes can participate to the course with a One-Day-License from the FFTRI.

Fill in and sign the application you will get at the registration stand and join:
    - €30 for the FFTri one-day-licence in cash
    - a medical certificate indicating that you are allowed to participate in a long distance triathlon competititon. This certificate has to be established after March 23rd, 2013 (not older than 3 months).

Not sure if it means you get the mediacl certificate as part of your 30 euros, or you need one as well? And if your a member of the BTF, do you need one as well??

• Options

If (and it's a humungous if) I thought that:

a) it wouldn't fall at an impossible time of year work wise

b) I could find some mojo (and given I even climbed out of the pool half way through a coached swim session yesterday I was so hating it - and normally I love my swimming)

c) I could drop 3 stone and learn to love upflats (oh and find some to train on) then

I might have considered it....

But as I can't see 1 let alone all 3 of the above being fulfilled I shall admire your enthuisiasm a little longer

It's not much fun being on the outside looking in but I think that will be the way for 2014........and roll on 2015 imageimage

I do love the idea of a weekend in Nice...........

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Raf - no, you shouldn't need any of that if you're already BTF. 

When we went last time you had to provide the medical certificate and pay 30E to get the day race permit or show your BTF licence. If you did the medical cert thing properly (ie at your GP and not from Dr Cupcake) they would likely charge you. It's almost cheaper to join the BTF, especially if you're doing other races at a fiver a go. 

I'll be joining the BTF, it's easier!

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Podds - if I thought you could get (a) I'd do everything I could to help you with the rest. 

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Different link to Raf's and makes it a bit clearer:

http://ironmannice.com/registration/compulsory-licence/

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    COMPULSORY LICENCE  

This post is also available in: French

In order to participate in the IRONMAN France, you must have a valid triathlon licence and show it during race registration.

Attention! No licence = No race!

There are 2 possibilities:

A_You have a licence
    B_You do not have a licence

Avoid last minute stress and useless contrariety, read attentively the column below corresponding to your licence situation:

A_You have a 2013 licence from a national triathlon federation:

Add your licence and photo ID to your “bring along checklist” right away !
    During on spot race registration (Ironman Expo from Thursday to Saturday morning), you will have to show your licence and photo ID to the registration team.

B_You do not have a 2013 licence from a national triathlon federation:

During on spot race registration (Ironman Expo from Thursday to Saturday morning), you will have to buy a one day licence from the FFTRI (Fédération Francaise de Triathlon).

In order to receive your one day licence from the FFTRI, you need to:

•  give a medical certificate NOT OLDER THAN 3 months on race day
    •  show your photo ID
    •  pay 30 EUR (cash or french cheque to the “Ligue Côte d’Azur de Triathlon”)

According to French law and the regulations, a medical certificate is compulsory to obtain a sports licence in France. These obligations apply to every organizer of any kind of competition and all sports. To meet the needs, we suggest you using the medical certificate to download at the botton of this page, or your doctor’s regular form (compulsory mentions: the date (dated after 23 March 2013 without exception), name, first name, date of birth, stamp and signature of the doctor).
    Take advantage of one of your next visits at your doctor’s to make him complete your medical certificate. Keep a copy of your medical certificate, you may need it for another competition.

[The french public health code (articles L.362-1 and following) define the sports federations obligations in medical surveillance of their licencees and clarifies the validity of the conditions of the " MEDICAL CERTIFICATE of non contra indication to sports practise ".
    This law aims at the protection of sportsmen but also the control of pro athletes and fights against doping.]

MEDICAL CERTIFICATE

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Different link to Raf's and makes it a bit clearer:

http://ironmannice.com/registration/compulsory-licence/

• Options

Thanks Mouse image

I'll look at the 2014 date - i suspect it'll be the same as this year in which case it's 99% likely to be impossible - just one week later and it's probably doable image

I read you'd had a great weight loss in your Lanza report - greatest respect for that - I've been battling mine for a lifetime....

Anyway enough thread hijacking image

• Options

Thanks Mouse - that's clearer!! The medical certificate is to show you are fit enough to get a race licence, and not necessarily to show you are fit enough to race!

Think I'll stick to my Scottish licence - a lot easier! image

• Options

Sooo my mate Flowerpower is a GP if she writes me a letter and i pay for a day licence i am in?