Options

Pripps Sport Liquid

I am most likely going to do the Gotenberg half marathon next May. The water stations have something called Pripps Sport Liquid, as well as water, and sponges(!). I've never heard of this sports drink - has anyone heard of it or tasted it?

Is a sports drink even necessary for a half? I'm hoping for a sub-2:10.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi Hildegard, Pripps SL is not a drink I've ever come across, but then I've never been to Gotenberg so that may be why. Sorry not very helpful there!

As for sports drink being necessary during 1/2m's then I believe they aren't really needed. However, it does depend on how long a runner is out on the course. For yourself aiming for sub.2-10 you should be able to run the distance just taking on water.

I ran a long training run of 15 miles the other day and needed no drink. Had it been a warm day though I would have had water or maybe lucozade sport.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks Hilly. I've never been to Gotenberg either, but it is fairly close to Oslo, which is why I'm considering it.
  • Options
    Hildegard,

I agree with what hilly has said but if you still feel as if you would like to try something, then contact High5 explain your situation & they will probably send you some free samples. They have in the past.
  • Options
    Hildegard (nice to hear from you, enjoying Oslo?), I know Pripps as a long established Swedish brewery, but don't let that put you off. The sports liquid was offered at the Stockholm marathon and tasted fine, more like weak squash than the oversweet Lucozade equivalent. I'm sure it had nothing to do with my ending up in the medical tent at the finish vomiting copiously!

Good luck in Gothenburg, it's supposed to be a big event.
  • Options
    Hmmm, ok! Perhaps I'll find it near the beer section of the supermarket!

Jeg har examen i norsk paa mondag, og jeg maa studere mye! Jeg er ennaa litt trist her, fordi min hjert er enna i smaa stykker, men jeg haaper at det skal bli bedre med tid.

(Is that comprehensible?!)
  • Options
    Jag förstår Hilde, mitt hjärta likaså. Lycka till med din examen. :)
  • Options
    Tak skal du ha!! Jeg skal fortelle om denne i morgen.
  • Options