Options

A seed blossomed, and now...

In 2011, I decided I wanted to start running.  I bought barefoot running shoes, knowing that I wanted to do more trail running than anything else.  I tried running by myself, but let me tell you: I couldn't get it to work for me.  Fast Forward to the early spring of 2013, and I meet a very amazing human who taught me how to run comfortably.  He taught me proper posture, and kept me motivated when it was hard. We've been running since March, and I don't understand this... But I went 3 days without running, and while doing paperwork, I threw my back out!  Can you believe it??  

Now, I had been running almost every day, sometimes twice a day, and now it's been over a week since I last run and I'm near tears because my body needs exercise but I'm so pained that I just can't!!!

I'm considering seeing a physical therapist since my back issues have been flairing on and off for the last 10 years, but since I started running, I admit, it's gotten worse. I want to keep running because it makes me feel so amazing.  I can tell my body really loves it!!  The physical exercise helps me on so many levels, it's unbelievable! I know I could probably be doing more stretching, especially my hamstrings (genetically they are very tight).  

Anyway, this is more of a rant and hope this reaches someone who can understand the pain and frustration.  What do you do when you're injured and can't run?  How do you get the needed cardio?  I'm all bound up and strangled with wanting so badly to run, but knowing it would probably not be good for me.  *sigh*