Options

Double pram to run with? Advice please??

2»

Comments

• Options

Chariot Cougar 2 - the kids sit side by side which they like. An expensive investment but worth every penny. It's got proper adjustable suspension, sunshade, decent straps and pockets so they can store a few toys / books inside. At the back a decent bag with enough space for the shopping / bags / coats / picnic whatever. The handle is adjustable so this suits both my wife and I.

Only downside: The accessories like running front wheel & bike attachment cost extra & its a bit wider than a normal buggy so getting into some shops is tricky.

We use it all the time as a daily buggy instead of a 2nd car + its adaptable for hiking / running / bike rides. Guess thats why I see the payback on the initial high cost.

For running & long walks, they like it, and very often one or both fall asleep. As they got older the only adaptation to make is head to a swing park half way on the route and then let them eat something as you make the return leg.

Oh, and I'm a bloke and I use it too. Had to contribute here to counterbalance some of those earlier less useful contributions from the male population.

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Be wary of using the jogger.  I know a physio told me that he saw lots of mums with injuries as it puts you in a different position.  I was all up for getting one when I had my daughter but didnt in the end.  What I did was hook up with another mum and we took it in turns to mind and run.  It does mean co-ordinating with someone but could be an idea.

Good luck and I hope you get out.  Like you say, life and fitness shouldn't stop just because you have kids.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

What sort of injuries PigG?  

• Options

Go for it Lucy! I don't have kids, and have no plans to have any either, so I don't have any useful advice for you, only words of encouragement!

Is it me, or are mothers the most judged human beings on the planet?! Or is it just women in general?!

Happy running Lucy!

• Options

Lucy, I have a Phil and Ted Double. When my youngest was tiny he.d be in the cocoon sleeping with my eldest in the top seat shouting "faster mummy, faster". Then as time went on my youngest would go on the back seat and again my eldest would be shouting "faster, faster, faster" as I puffed and panted round. I've even done a short run with my youngest in the car seat adapter and my eldest in the back seat. Not really advised but hey oh hubby was at work, and I had no one to have the boys so there we are. 

Tomorrow i'll be running again with just my youngest in the 3 wheeler. Yes I have heard that you could potentially get injuries running with a pram but you can potentially get flattened by a lorry running with earphones.... Doesn't stop us though does it! 

its NOT a crazy idea, it's a fantastic idea and i'm convinced that running is the only thing that kept my pnd at bay following my second.

Good luck, happy running xxxxxx 

• Options

Hello running chemist. Lets just say parents in general are the most judged people eh? Coz im a dad, albeit a brilliant one (not just my opinion), but I dont half come up against some prejudice. Not wanting to cause a gender war, and definitely not on an innocent persons thread, and the prejudice i endure is never to do with my running anyway. Im just saying, that's all. As i sort of said before, im all for including our children in our hobbies. They love it, and it is something else for us to bond with them over, and they wont have the memories of being 'left out'. My son is never more than an arms length away from me, and that is too far for my liking, and he loves how close we are just as much as i do. If various contraptions, like running buggies, and bike trailers are being invented so that we can include our children in our hobbies, then it is obviously okay, so why the hell not?

• Options

Well said Greg.. sorry, I forgot about Dad's image

• Options

Thank you very much. No problem at all image

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Cinders i don't know what sort of injuries but I think CC explained it quite well.

I agree that parents are very judged people.  I remember a friend telling me that I was struggling to get pregnant as I pushed myself to hard when running.  I was marathon training but following a very conservative 3x a week and wasn't running more than about 25 miles a week.  People talk a lot of cr*p and can't back the cr*p up with evidence.

• Options

Blimey. The world is full of women who do that amount of exercise every week and still get pregnant. They perhaps dont run, but plenty go to the gym every day. If you were doing it to lose as much weight as possible as quickly as possible, and hardly eating, like we all know some people do, that might have lessened your chances, but training for a marathon, of course you were making sure you were eating healthily.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I was lucky PipG, my IVF consultant was a runner so said to carry on image

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Cinders, I was referring to potentially getting injured from running with a buggy, I wasn't telling anyone to stop running.  I wouldn't do that image

• Options

I wouldn't worry about some differences of opinion on the forums.....when you post on a public forum you can expect difference of opinions......and both sides can help you then make your own decision........or if they are just rude then its very easy to ignore on a forum.easier than real life........image

• Options

no apologies necessary. The only opinions that really bug me are the pointless ones that people give knowing that it will rub people up the wrong way. Im all for any opinions that actually help the person who started the thread in the first place.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

PipG, I never said you would!  Just agreeing that we get given all sorts of advice when pregnant.

• Options

bobgear.com do a double running pram and it looks like the original babyjogger.  I had a US babyjogger with 16" wheels, but the company got sold and they don't make the same design any more.  Bobgear is the nearest I've seen.  The prams are welcome at the back of my local parkrun.