Options

Swim training

2»

Comments

• Options

Brownsea Island in August is a lovely one, although difficult to get into

If you are swimming without a wetsuit then try the BDLSA web site.  They are an organisation of very willing, but maybe not quite as capable, volunteers and they put on several events throughout the year starting at a mile and going up to about 21 miles.  The events are good, but their timekeeping is not as good so the events often start late.  That's not a problem as they tend to be swims that aren't affected by tides, but its annoying if you are the sort of person who worries at the start of a race

• Options

Caz- although it's a bit close to the Dart, it does sound lovely as I know the area fairly well.  S'easy to persuade the family to go on a caravan trip to Swanage.  Why is it hard to get into?  I won't have to fight loads of evil bosses will I image  

21 miles image Nobody could swim that far, surely image

Thanks everyone.  Will check out BDLSA and the links you guys provided.

• Options

Brownsea is very popular and tends to sell out in about 24 hours.  The island is privatly owned so you need permission to swim there, so this is the only chance people have all year.

Sandown to Shanklin on the IOW is another lovely one that sells out quickly, but that is only a mile or so.

• Options

The IOW one could work out.  The family wants to go there for a break next year.  Could just squeaksie in a lil swim image  Is the Brownsea Island website the EDOWSC one?

• Options

No idea.  I follow the FB page.

I'll see what I can hunt out later.  I've got to head off for a run first

• Options

*lurks* 

Swimming finally starting to improve. Inspired by Caz and Siggy et al.10k sounds a good challenge. Might have to drop to Enduroman half but swimming more motivating than running right now. 

Off to ponder................