Options

Suspected IT band syndrome..

2»

Comments

• Options

I'm managing to get out 2 or 3 times a week, 3 - 4 miles, i bought a new knee support and been seeing a phisyo. watched a load of vids on youtube of various stretches, doing them as often as i can.

It still hurts but nowhere near what it was a few weeks back. Foam rolling has helped the most in my opinion. I bought anica oil and been using it daily, i read somewhere this helps with the pain (might be all in the head, but it does seem to be doing something)

Trying to avoid hills as that's when it hits really bad.

Keep us posted mate.

• Options
    Ballesteros wrote (see)

Sad to read that as I've been there myself, but I did try my best to warn you image

If it's ITBS then you need to stop running until your knee is completely pain free, then a day or two more for good measure. As frustrating as it may be, giving in to impatience will just result in partial recovery and further damage and an ultimately longer period of frustration than if you'd rested and recovered at the first sign of ITBS pain.

• Options

i know, i'm just so damn impatient image

• Options

Hope not, but I'd give 10-1 odds that without rest you'll have to take a long injury break at some point in the next few months.

I literally know of nobody that's managed to get through ITBS without proper rest.

• Options
    Yeah man, any pain around the joint needs to be rested up! I know running is additive but that's even more reason to stop and respect your body which is also telling you stop! In so gutted I can't run right now, it's been almost two weeks now and I'm sure my fitness is declining rapidly. I have been drinking alcohol again to try to combat the pain and my diet has totally gone to pot. Damn weak knees!!